PDA

View Full Version : Kassian at Wild Camp Update

Sammy
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
September 7, 2005
The Minnesota Wild prospects fell to 0-2 at the 2005 NHL Centre I.C.E. Prospects Tournament at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings. The Red Wings jumped to a 4-0 lead before Matt Kassian, the Wild's second round pick in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, scored in the final minute of the game. The Wild prospects will face the Tampa Bay Lightining at 6:00 PM on Wednesday. Once again, Wild Assistant General Manager/Player Personnel Tom Thompson offered insight on last night's contest.

Tommy's Take

On Last Night's Game

I would say the Columbus game was a little bit unusual because I would say we carried the play for 60 percent of that game. We didn't do that last night. We couldn't get our power play working and we gave up two shorthanded goals. That was the key to the hockey game.

Both of our goalies (Anton Khudobin and Kristofer Westblom) were much better last night. There was one Red Wings goal that was actually a pass that deflected off of a shin pad.

Improvements From Game One

I think we corrected a lot of our defensive mistakes. There certainly were a few breakdowns and we just have to be better at that.

The Wild Goal

Kyle Bailey, our fourth round pick in 2005, took the puck wide and then centered it. Matt Kassian, who is the big enforcer, drove hard to the net and deflected the pass right into the net.

The Wild Standouts

I thought the line with Bailey and Kassian worked very hard. The two of them deserved the goal. They were the two hardest working guys we had.

http://www.wild.com/team/010/975/

scamperdog
09-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Thats what Kassian is all about working hard, this leads by example

Jovorock
09-09-2005, 10:51 AM
I read on another board that Kassian fought Rypen. Good for Matt's effort to get noticed.

Sammy
09-12-2005, 07:27 PM
he is now listed on the Wild's training camp roster & is to the youngest player at the Wild camp.

Beaner
09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Great news for Mat.

I have a feeling he is going to be a force to reckon with both point wise and physically this year. Especially if his skating has improved as much as it did between 03/04 and 04/05.

Sammy
09-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Devan Dubnyk (EDM) and Matt Kassian (MIN) remain at NHL camps as of Sunday morning. Reid Jorgensen (DET), Moises Gutierrez (PIT), and Kris Versteeg (BOS) were reassigned back to Kamloops over the weekend.

scamperdog
09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
MINNESOTA WILD REDUCES TRAINING CAMP ROSTER TO 37

SAINT PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Minnesota Wild President and General Manager Doug Risebrough today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reduced its training camp roster to 37 players:

The following players were reassigned to their junior team:

LW Matt Kassian – Kamloops (WHL)
RW Riley Emmerson – Tri-City (WHL)