PDA

View Full Version : Score And Scorers Tonight?tilts?

lever
09-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Details Please For The Fans Way Out West

ointhecreek
09-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Great game! :bounce: Really impressed with Yonkman and Postma!!! I think our future in net is very solid. Moir better be careful. Postma really impressed me with his vision on the ice, not scared to get involved in the play. And this Benke kid, WOW, is he big and strong. Kind of reminds me of the Boogieman only a better skater. Hope he scraps as well. Wasn't real impressed with alot of the vets, seemed like they feel to secure, they might get a surprise. Oh, yeah, goals from Brisebois and Rakos.

Scout
09-10-2005, 12:19 PM
It was Cheveldave who got credit for the goal. All in all a fast game taking only 2 1/2 hours to play. No fights, just end to end. Brandon goalie Kurt Jory was unreal. Made alot of glovehand saves. If he gets his rebounds under control, he will be scary. Another player who impressed me for Brandon was Ryan Reaves. Played a solid game. The Bronco's won 2-0 because they crashed the net and looked for rebounds. What i liked best was Benke's intimidation factor and always talking smack to the opposing players. I also liked that Cheveldave intercepted Keith Aulie who was skating in from the blue line when Benke was having words with an opposing player. Cheveldave skated right from the teams home bench and made sure Aulie never got there.
I also liked Toulmin skating for the front of the net whenever we were in the opposition zone. Stood in front of the goalie and at 6'4" is hard to move. All in all a good effort by both teams.

Scout

CHtoo
09-10-2005, 12:27 PM
I was very surprised when they announced Briesbois. I guess they can't tell between 12 and 21. A very entertaining game. Yonkman will hold us together until Moir gets back. Our penalty kill was impressive as well.
The goal by Brandon #4 in the shootout (of course ) apparently was only his 3rd or 4th in two years (according to his dad in the stands).

Oh-Vee
09-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Despite Briesbois not getting credit for the goal, He was flying in the second and third periods. The line of Briesbois, Cheveldave and Toulman was dominant at times.

Triton
09-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Can someone post the line-up for Brandon last night?

Flathead
09-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Great game! :bounce: Really impressed with Yonkman and Postma!!! I think our future in net is very solid. Moir better be careful. Postma really impressed me with his vision on the ice, not scared to get involved in the play. And this Benke kid, WOW, is he big and strong. Kind of reminds me of the Boogieman only a better skater. Hope he scraps as well. Wasn't real impressed with alot of the vets, seemed like they feel to secure, they might get a surprise. Oh, yeah, goals from Brisebois and Rakos.
We had some vets dressed on defense, and still Postma was the best dman out there, easily. I think he may have been caught out of position once, and he's so calm out there. He looked like a veteran last night.
Yonkman was also very good, plays the angles very well and doesn't give up many big rebounds.
I also liked our new euro, Rakos, has decent size and plays both ends of the ice. Wow, was he excited when he scored, can't wait to see his celebration when he scores in the regular season.
Zack Smith and Levi Nelson, I thought also played 110 percent every time they were on the ice.
I was a little disappointed with two veteran forwards, and one rookie defenseman, but besides that I thought everyone looked to playing up to potential, a good effort.
For Brandon, Kurt Jory was very good, the game could have been 4 or 5 nothing quite easily. Ryan Reaves was the best forward for the Wheat Kings, hands down.
Wheat Kings Line Up
This was the roster sheet handed out at the game. There were some scratches, but can't remember who they all were.
1-Mike Nichol
33-Kurt Jory
35-Tyler Plante

2-Kurt Erb
3-Cory Courchene
4-Mike Cann
5-Theran Yeo
6-Kieth Aulie
7-Tyler Dittmer
8-Derek Robinson
9-Daryl Boyle
10-Mark Derlago
11-Cole Hunter
12-Sami Sandell
14-Tyler Strautman
15-Teegan Moore
18-Jeff Young
21-Matt Hallick
22-Riley Day
23-Cody Burki
24-Derek LeBlanc
25-Ryan Reeves
26-Morgan MacLean
27-Andrew Clark
28-Jeff Topilko
29-John Wikner
32-Mark Louis
34-Stephane Lenoski

Large line up, time to make some cuts, McCrimmon!

Scout
09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
It's very hard to give Brandon's line-up when all they did was listed every player still in Brandon's camp. Because it's pre-season i don't think they announced the scratches. When i saw that, i just decided to relax and watch the game.

Scout

almosttyme4hockey
09-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Jordan Cheveldae, is he related to Tim at all?

Scout
09-11-2005, 07:53 AM
His last name is spelled Cheveldave. Different spelling. Tim is from Melville and Jordan from Kelowna. Jordan played 6 games for the Rockets in 04/05 then went to the Penticton Vees of the BCHL where is 44 games had 10 goals 4 assists and 72 pim's.
He also stands 5'11" and is over the 200lb. mark.

Scout

almosttyme4hockey
09-11-2005, 08:17 AM
My bad. Time for me to start paying attention. I have only heard the name and thought there would be some similarity