PDA

View Full Version : Probably the top fifteen year old...

Trav
09-09-2005, 10:09 PM
at Blades camp this year played tonight in the pre-season game against the Raider, that being 15 yr old d-man Mike Clements. Great to know that cuz obiviously now the Blades won't have to worry about him being recruited by the NCAA. He was the Blades 12th round pick this year.

Billy Blade
09-10-2005, 12:09 AM
I didn't think Clements looked all that good tonight. Zahn on the other hand impressed me a few times, breaking up one-on-one plays quite nicely but also showed his age and inexperience a couple other times. Overall a good showing for him as a fifteen year old. Gillies is really going to be something special in this league, especially when he fills his frame out. He sees the ice well and knows how to get into the open seams. Great instincts. I also didn't realize Cam Reid was as small as he is! I'm thinking it's going to be Armstrong backing up Khudobin this year...

Lefty
09-10-2005, 03:25 AM
I was impressed with Clements. I thought he was our second best defenseman outside Crowley, who looked very good tonight. Even though the Blades lost, I think they played a pretty good game overall. Goaltending was definitely the difference in the game.

Trav
09-10-2005, 07:51 AM
so I couldn't see how Clements did but when I saw him in the scrimmages, thought he was the best 15 yr old out there. Zahn to looked good. It's to bad they got that stupid 16 yr old rule cuz Molleken will have a hard time deciding which sixteen's to keep next year, Zahn, Toomey, Clements, Philp and Lockert are had good camps and unless something happens, I can see those six being the top contenders for the 2-3 16 yr old spots next year but worry about that then. As for the goaltending, I think it's already been decided.

Billy Blade
09-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Perhaps I missed some of Clement's better moments then since I was there with two of my three young kids. :) The goaltending (or lack of finish) definitely was a big factor last night, 47 shots for the Blades?!