PDA

View Full Version : blazers 6 kelowna 3

scamperdog
09-09-2005, 11:04 PM
ok game for pre season way to many penalties in first two periods third hardly any, some things never change, Kelowna won the shoot out 2-0
Blazers-6, Rockets-3 FINAL

LINEUPS:
KELOWNA: Kaval*, Murtagh*, Thomson*, Mudrewich*, Dowzak*, Joe, Almond*, Roteliuk*, Hill, Long*, Cuthbert, Howarth, Bauer, Anderson*, Sylvester, McRae, Ofukany, Couture, Raffl*, Schenn*
KAMLOOPS: Maniago, Kramer*, Thiessen*, Woznikoski*, Olson, Bartley, Stretch*, Connors, Schmermund*, Irwin, Kauk, Nixon, Mason, Chorneyko, Ellerby, Bender, Bogner*, Steinmann*, Dunstall*, Dowd*

SCORING:
First Period:
1. KAM Irwin (4) (Ellerby, Bartley) 3:22 PP
2. KEL Couture (Ofukany, Bauer) 6:06
3. KAM Bartley (1) (Stretch) 7:30
4. KEL Sylvester (Long, Howarth) 10:06
5. KAM Thiessen (1) (Ellerby) 15:00 PP
6. KAM Connors (2) (Nixon) 19:00

Second Period:
7. KEL Long (Howarth, Sylvester) 5:26
8. KAM Bender (1) (Irwin, Kauk) 16:33

Third Period:
9. KAM Connors (3) (Dunstall, Olson) 16:10 PP

SHOTS:
Kelowna: 12-10-8=30
Kamloops: 8-8-6=22

POWERPLAYS:
Kelowna: 1/9
Kamloops: 3/7

SHOOTOUT - Kelowna wins 2-0:
Kelowna: Long (NG), Raffl (G), Ofukany (G)
Kamloops: Stretch (NG), Dunstall (NG)

GOALTENDERS:
Kelowna: Kaval
Kamloops: Maniago

Jovorock
09-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Any comments of the game Scamper or anyone that was there? Long, Sylvester and Howarth is a interesting line. How did Raffl play?

scamperdog
09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Any comments of the game Scamper or anyone that was there? Long, Sylvester and Howarth is a interesting line. How did Raffl play?
I would say you are going to like Thomas Raffl pretty good player, Luke Schenn was also very good on defence the other rookie that stood out to me was Tysen Dowzak, I was surprised last night how much kelowna played its vets not giving the rookies to much chance to show there stuff, your goalie Brian Kaval was horrible in the first two periods but did settle down in the third, best forward was Troy Ofukany best defence was Liam Couture, I know it is just exibition but your forward lines are looking good but if there is a concern I would say it is your defence I would not give it a passing grade other than Couture, and Schenn.
As for Kamloops they have some very good rookies, nice to see them playing like a team, but they still have not learned to stay out of the penelty box, five on five they were the better team, but special teams looked good thats all that played most of the first and second, players to watch tonight are Thiessen, Stretch and Dunstall I believe they are starting Kramer in goal who I hear is pretty good, so enjoy tonights game.

kelownakarl
09-10-2005, 12:20 PM
I would say you are going to like Thomas Raffl pretty good player, Luke Schenn was also very good on defence the other rookie that stood out to me was Tysen Dowzak, I was surprised last night how much kelowna played its vets not giving the rookies to much chance to show there stuff, your goalie Brian Kaval was horrible in the first two periods but did settle down in the third, best forward was Troy Ofukany best defence was Liam Couture, I know it is just exibition but your forward lines are looking good but if there is a concern I would say it is your defence I would not give it a passing grade other than Couture, and Schenn.
As for Kamloops they have some very good rookies, nice to see them playing like a team, but they still have not learned to stay out of the penelty box, five on five they were the better team, but special teams looked good thats all that played most of the first and second, players to watch tonight are Thiessen, Stretch and Dunstall I believe they are starting Kramer in goal who I hear is pretty good, so enjoy tonights game.

Thanks for the splendid recap!