PDA

View Full Version : GOOD effort !!

Offsider
09-09-2005, 11:31 PM
FUN !!!game to watch tonight Yonkman and Postma look like they have been in the Dub for a while, Each played with lots of confidence.Seen shades of Serdachny in Benke with some timing he could be a real stretch pass killer. Rakos best ero we have seen in many years. Grity and his feet are always moving .lots of guys showed up tonight. Even with the guys that were not dressed or away a pro camp good game men . Huge improvement from the tiger game.Wheatkings look different with out Fehr ,Stone,Konsorada,Monych and so on . They have had some good players over the last 4 or 5 years Missed Riley Day tonight, he should be up there for enforcer of the year I would think . GOOD JOB TONIGHT BRONCOS

Oh-Vee
09-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I didn't see what happened at the end of the second period between Leavold and Cole Hunter, but a buddy said that it looked liked Leavold spat at him. Did anyone see this? They were jawing back and forth in the box to start the third but nothing came of it.

Scout
09-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I thought most of our guys played with some grit tonight. Rakos is improving every time i see him. Has good size, plays both ends well, and backchecks to help out his D. I loved when he scored and rode along the glass with his stick in the air and one leg up looking at the crowd.
Yonkman: Made some spectacular saves. Looked very solid out there. Played the angles well and gave no rebounds. There is our future goalie.
Zack Smith: This kid has wheels. Was always in the play and setting up. Never stood around and was always skating and hitting.
Paul Postma: Each game he is showing why he is rated the 7th top N.H.L. draft pick in the west for 89 born players. Has good size for a 16 year-old at 6'3". Has such good wheels and passing. Starting to rush with the puck and dipsy doodles through other players and feathers the pass right on the tape. Has a bullet of a shot.
Benke: I talked to his dad tonight for quite a while. Karl has a thing for small towns and loves it here. We talked about the team and his dad mentioned Dean is the only coach they as a family have ever known. He said Karls older brother played four years in Seattle under Dean which i never knew. His brother is 6'7" and is 235lbs. Karl has awesome size and uses his size to hit and clear the net. Very intimidating out there. I saw him a few times jawing at the opposing players.
The problem is with Postma and Benke still on the team, we are carrying 10 defencemen with 3 away at pro camps. When the 3 return who will be traded or let go. Benke and Postma to improve need to play at this level and showed they are ready and able. Tough decision by the team. These two have what we are lacking, toughness and an offensive defencemen. Same up front. How do we make room for Bortis,Cheveldave,Smith,Nelson,Rakos and Toulmin all rookies still in camp? Should be interesting over the next month with player movement.

Scout