PDA

View Full Version : Hoffard

loudi94
09-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Got back from last night's "game" and I was a little unsettled by the buzz around the coach. Just from walking around the rink I got caught in two different discussions about some inproprieties perpetrated by the coach off the ice and one about how he's not wanted anymore by the BOG regarding said inproprieties. I know it's a small city and rumours get inflated, but I've heard some of these before. It would be nice if they got put to rest one way or another.

I'm not posting the "buzz" simply because I'm not sure if it's allowed. PM please.

LHF
09-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Just a quick question, what is BOG?

Triton
09-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Board of governers

Joe Sports
09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I heard the same "comments or rumors" about Hoffard . But they are personal things , that really ,the BOG can not really do anything about. I am in the opinion that the Canes need to clean house from the top. The BOG need to go ,along with all staff, and start fresh. Of course the only real way to do this is sell the team. I did not believe that selling the team was a good idea, but I am begining to change my mind. I think we need a GM that has alot of WHL background. We have a GM that is in Public Relations and a Golf Pro! He brought in a coach that had a troubled background in the OHL! We have an Assistant coach, who I think down the road will be a very good head coach one day. We have an assistant GM who is probably making all "hockey " Decisions . I think the BOG have hired their Friends to do some of the jobs.

Hoffard has done a good job , but there are alot of rumors about what is going on behind the scenes at the Enmax Center. I have heard rumors of the Versteeg problem(although not sure I believe them) . I think it is time to relieve Mr. Stocker and put someone in place who will deal with the coach, and not have to worry if he is going to go for a beer with him after the game . Luc WILL be a good coach , but I do not htink that he is ready yet. For GM , who knows the name Sutter always pops up. Of course this is my opinion and not everyone is going to like it , but I do!

Scout
09-14-2005, 09:29 PM
There was a rumor around the league that a couple of Sutter brothers were trying to buy the Hurricanes. What ever happened about it?

Scout

loudi94
09-14-2005, 10:01 PM
There was a rumor around the league that a couple of Sutter brothers were trying to buy the Hurricanes. What ever happened about it?

Scout

The BOG was not interested in even hearing them out. I believe they finally gave in and listened to a proposal, but as you said, nothing came of it. One of the concerns was that the team would move. I find that ridiculous because Rich has roots firmly planted in Lethbridge.