PDA

View Full Version : 23 Red Deer Power Plays.....

Nielson11
09-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Holy smokes.....

I couldn't believe the parade to the penalty box on Saturday night. 23 power-play opportunities for the Rebels.

Some of the penatlies were well deserved, a couple had to be called because of the new rules, but some were just plain dumb.

I was talking with Assistant Coach Theoret after the game, a game in which he was tossed from. He says it's pretty damn tough to evaluate their players when they spend the entire game shorthanded. He's all for the new rules being called to a tee, but he also said that the game needs to be called the same for both clubs.

As for some players last night.

Impressed with Nepinak, I think he should get a little more ice time.

King, once again impressed.

Bryce and Wright, both look like they could play on the club this year.

Thunderchild, dissappointing.

Olafson, hitting everything that moves.

Mezei...it's going to be damn tough to trade/release this guy. He's playing well but with Olafson, Ashton and goalie Ward taking up the 20 year old spots...what else can they do?

Nielson

loudi94
09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
One of the poorest games I have ever seen. Reffing was brutal.

I think Ward is only around until they can get another goalie. Having said that, Mulholland is not good enough to play in the Dub yet. I also agree with Thunderchild. He's not very good at all.

Nielson11
09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
One of the poorest games I have ever seen. Reffing was brutal.

I think Ward is only around until they can get another goalie. Having said that, Mulholland is not good enough to play in the Dub yet. I also agree with Thunderchild. He's not very good at all.

I don't even think Thunderchild deserves to be on the club this year. He's a head case off the ice, and simply brutal on it. They have other players who will contribute more. It's time the Thunderchild Rolls On

Flathead
09-12-2005, 09:26 PM
the game between Swift and Brandon on the weekend there were barely any penalties called. It was basically the same as last year. I was expecting to see a steady parade to the box, but it never happened. If the game was to be called how it was supposed to with the new rules it would have been a steady parade to the box. I guess what I'm gettting at is, that IMO the officiating this year could be very inconsistent.

loudi94
09-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I guess what I'm gettting at is, that IMO the officiating this year could be very inconsistent.

That would be different. ;)