PDA

View Full Version : Champions Meeting

Oh-Vee
09-12-2005, 11:56 AM
email from Cory Nyhagan to Champions of The Bronco's members:

"Hello everyone and welcome to another year of Bronco Hockey. My name is Corey Nyhagen and I have taken over for Brad Gourlay as the Marketing and Sales Director. A large focus for our marketing department revolves around the Champions initiative that was created in the latter part of last season. I want to be sure that we maintain this group and have it move forward for the season that is almost upon us. I have met with the interim executive that was in place after last season in regards to where the club is currently at. I would like to invite you all out to a meeting on September 18th, immediatley following our final home pre-season game with the Pats. I urge everyone to come out as it is my intention to see that the Champions exist and succeed this year as I am sure you will agree you will all play a vital role in our organization's continued success. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you may have prior to the meeting. Thank you. I look forward to seeing you all on the 18th!"

Corey Nyhagen
Director, Marketing & Sales
Swift Current Broncos Hockey Club

I think that the Champions are going to be an important part of the future of this club. As a member of the Champions I have spoken with a couple of the guys on the executive and it sounds like things are getting orgainzed to the point of a charter that needs to be passed by the membership.

I encourage all Bronco's fans who want to help the franchise to attend this meeting.

Scout
09-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Can you give a little more detail to the Bronco posters and what this group is and what they are going to be doing. I've heard people ask what this group is and what all is involved. Do you need more volunteers?

Scout

Oh-Vee
09-12-2005, 02:43 PM
It looks like the Champions have evolved a bit in the last 6 months or so from the original meeting last year. I think this evolution is a good thing. The first Champions meeting, if I remember was led by Dean and the main agenda was idea generation and recruiting volunteers.

From that first meeting it was decided by fans present that beer should be sold in the stands and the rink needs more atmosphere (both on the walls and in the seats). A list of fans willing to volunteer thier time was also created.

From there the meetings kind of went downhill and turned into B**ch sessions and very little was accomplished. (The questionaire was productive but other than that . . . :spineyes: )

From the tone of the last meeting of the season, to me anyways, it sounded like the Bronco's wanted the Champions to take control of themselves, hold thier own meetings, have their own bank account and liase with the team, there has also been talk of the Bronco's giving the Champions a target for funds to raise.

So in the future it looks like the Champions will have an executive (Pres. VP, sec treas) and will have a threefold mission. 1. Provide a base of voluteers for the Bronco's. 2. Be the voice of the fans to the hockey club. 3. Raise funds for the Bronco's.

I hope that answers some questions. If any one has any other questions you can ask me on the forum or PM me. I don't have all the answers but I will let you know what I do.