PDA

View Full Version : Benke is a bust I think

Warrior Fan
09-12-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't think he has the speed at all to play at this level. I was suprised. He reminds me alot of Dougherty. He can't turn or adjust to a player with speed. Seemed to have trouble doing a pivot. I don't see this guy actually playing a regular shift in the Whl on any team let alone the Bronco's. Just my thoughts.

Scout
09-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Benke is a fighter and was brought in for his toughness. He just turned 17 and already stands 6'6" 230 lbs. He will improve once his feet get wet. The Bronco's got pushed around alot last year once Trojovski got traded. With Toulmin, Benke and Lechovic they have more toughness. Saskatoon is beefing up with, Tidball,Cook, Flatt and Haw so maybe Dean is trying to counter it. I think we will still see movement within the Bronco team. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dean pick up another fighter. He likes tough teams to protect the speedsters. Back to Benke. His brother stands 6'3" and played 4 years for Dean in Seattle. Each season he got stronger and better. Karl is not to be a finesse player but is here to clear the net and stand up for his team mates which he has done very well.

Scout