PDA

View Full Version : who do you think should get a look?

wango tango
09-12-2005, 04:52 PM
after sunday nights game i think the following rookies should be kept around for more of a look, they might all make the team.

ryan funk, colton gillies, adam geric, blair macaulay, kevin armstrong.

mat01800
09-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Gillies is on the team for sure is my bet and thats just based on him playing late last year

McCauley to being a leading scorer in Midget AAA in Manitoba I would bet he makes it

Armstrong should be the backup to Khodubin from what I have seen

Geric and Funk have not done all that much for me except for the goal Geric scored against PA but thats been about it

Trav
09-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Cameron, Watt and maybe McAngus, certainly Cameron and Watt have a good chance at making the team. Geric, I'm unsure about.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-12-2005, 05:44 PM
That Gillies,Cameron,McAulay,Funk,Watt will all have a very good chance to make the team.

maple leaf
09-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Personally I think Joel Eisenkirch and Nicolaus Knudsen should go. The rookies I think should stick around are Funk and Ward on defence to replace the above mentioned. The fowards I would keep are Macaulay, Cameron and Geric. The fowards I'd let go are Menei and Cloud. I would try to trade Bader for a 20 year defenceman. The talented level of the rookies in camp are pretty high. Menei, Cloud, Eisenkirch and Knudsen do not stand out that much more than these rookies. It would be a very young team but still a very good team. But hey who knows we all might have to buy programs because it could be a very different team than it was from last year. Remember this is going to be Lorne's team and he said there would be changes.

Trav
09-12-2005, 08:10 PM
going anywhere and neither should he go anywhere. He had a good training camp and should have a good season this year.

wango tango
09-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Personally I think Joel Eisenkirch and Nicolaus Knudsen should go. The rookies I think should stick around are Funk and Ward on defence to replace the above mentioned. The fowards I would keep are Macaulay, Cameron and Geric. The fowards I'd let go are Menei and Cloud. I would try to trade Bader for a 20 year defenceman. The talented level of the rookies in camp are pretty high. Menei, Cloud, Eisenkirch and Knudsen do not stand out that much more than these rookies. It would be a very young team but still a very good team. But hey who knows we all might have to buy programs because it could be a very different team than it was from last year. Remember this is going to be Lorne's team and he said there would be changes.

i don't think eisenkirch or knudsen will contribute much, if anything. they could both be cut, traded, sent to junior a and there won't be much lost. gives young guys a chance to play and develope in their spot. i was impressed with funk last game. crowley has impressed me although against much lesser competition than he will face during the regular season i hope he surprises.

can we keep three 20's at forward when we need help on defence?

i agree with you maple leaf, we can drop menei, cloud, eisenkirch, and knudsen (in favour of younger more promising guys) and i don't think it hurts much, and it will only improve the team for later this season and next.

Billy Blade
09-12-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to this season and seeing the young guys develop. We've got a good bunch of up and comers who will shape our team for the future, many who are ready to step in now. I agree that Knudsen could go, probably Eisenkirch too. I am sad about that one though as Joel has really had a rough go the last few seasons with injuries, not getting the time needed to develop his game. He is a good skater, and such a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. I really wish he could catch a break and find some success.

Three or four rookies other than Armstrong could find themselves on the roster this season. Gillies is a lock, but it's still very much a competition from there.

I still think Wacey Rabbit will be the first one moved when the right deal comes along for a defenseman. Lorne is determined to improve the D and he will have to give up a good player to get a good player. That will suck, as he is my son's absolute favourite, and it will break his little five year old heart. :(