PDA

View Full Version : Giants NHL Camp Updates

Beaner
09-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, not an awful lot of Information out there but a few things.

Cody Franson, Nashville Predators, 2005 - Camp is just starting.

J.D. Watt, Calgary Flames, 2005 - Has been sent back to the Giants today, along with a bunch of other players (18 total). Flames have reduced their Training camp roster to 50 players.

Mario Bliznak, Vancouver Canucks, 2005 - Still at camp from what I can gather. No real updates or info about how he is doing thus far.

Andrej Meszaros, Ottawa Senators, 2004 (signed) - Is playing great from what I can find out, and is making a real impression. Talk is he is a lock for the Farm team, and still has a good chance for the Senators. One of the top players of the Ottawa Rookies.

Cam Cunning, Calgary Flames, 2003 (signed) - Still at camp.

Mark Fistric, Dallas Stars, 2004 - Camp is just starting for Dallas. He is in the "Group C" Squad, take that for what it is worth.

Brett Festerling, Anaheim Mighty Ducks, F/A - Played a few games in the Ducks Rookie pre-seqason Tournament and was a helthy scratch for at least 1 game if not 2 - No word on how he is doing.

Dustin Slade, New Jersey Devils, F/A - camp is just starting today for Slade and the devils.

Mitch Bartley, Vancouver Canucks, F/A - Same as Bliznak -

Beaner
09-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Bartley has been given his release from the Canucks today.

Bliznak has been reassigned by the Canucks.

and an Update on Festerling

Festerling was part of Anahiem Ducks winning team in the San Jose Rookie Tourny.They had 4 Def. pairings so each sat one game. Festerling was plus 2 in his 1st game against San Jose, Scored a goal in the Phoenix game and was even in the Championship game against LA. Expected back this week.

Beaner
09-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Brett Festerling is back with Giants as reported by www.vancouvergiants.com.

Beaner
09-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Franson is reported to be on his way back tonight from Nashville after having an excellent camp.

This leaves Brule, Fistric, Cunning and Meszaros as the only Giants still at camp.

GF71
09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Haha Read my post on my site ... he is coming back SATURDAY night, not tonight. :) :)

Beaner
09-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Haha Read my post on my site ... he is coming back SATURDAY night, not tonight. :) :)

Thanks much for the clarification. And yes, I did read it off your site big guy. :)

GF71
09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
n/p. :)

Only because there have been issues with the other Giants fan sites, I feel I need to say this...

I don't think there is, or needs to be any competition between our sites. One is team, and one is league right? Besides fans sharing info is just that. It's all about the hockey! :wave: THere is lots of room for everybody.

Beaner
09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
n/p. :)

Only because there have been issues with the other Giants fan sites, I feel I need to say this...

I don't think there is, or needs to be any competition between our sites. One is team, and one is league right? Besides fans sharing info is just that. It's all about the hockey! :wave: THere is lots of room for everybody.

We have no problems at all.

There is no competition. Lots of room for all.

I enjoy your site as much as this one, and as you say one has more of a focus league wide, and the other is Giants focused. Keep up the good work getting info on the team for us.

rinkrat
09-14-2005, 03:36 PM
The more sites the better.Whether they are individual team sites or league sites.I think the good ones will stick,like this one and go-giants,and the lesser ones will fade away.
Its too bad that there were previous incidents in which a certain network 54 forum moderator got his knickers twisted over someone mentioning the go-giants site.I guess he was feeling insecure?

Beaner
09-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Anyway, back to more updates.

According to Mojo radio,

New Jersey is happy with the way Dustin Slade looks, and how he has been playing at camp thus far.

and

Dallas has offered a rookie contract to Mark Fistric. Agent is in negotiations with Dallas right now.

Beaner
09-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Cam Cunning and Dion Phaneuf are the only junior eligible players still remaining at the flames Camp. All others were returned to their junior teams.

Sutter believes Cam is ready for Pro - AHL, but he still has to earn his way onto the roster, otherwise it is back to junior for Cam.

Beaner
09-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Cam Cunning has been assigned to Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights of the American Hockey League.

http://calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=press_rel&file_num=0000001116

Congrats Cam best of luck in the future.

Beaner
09-19-2005, 03:25 PM
According to MOjo Radio - The Giants have received word that Fistric and Slade will both be back in town on Wednesday.

IamBatman
09-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Is Brule expected to come back to the giants?

Beaner
09-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Is Brule expected to come back to the giants?

No idea to be honest - There are just too many variables in place with rookies getting free agency after 7 years plus everything else. Does Mclean want him to waste one of those years playing 3rd/4th line time, or give him another year to develop and then bring him next year? One just has to look at how Joe Thornton did with Bruins ( 7 points I believe) in his first year to make you think maybe another year in the Juniors may be better for him.

He is having a very good camp thus far.

I believe he has impressed enough to stick around for all the pre-season games. Wether he gets to stick around for actual regular season games I believe depends on how he does during pre-season games.