PDA

View Full Version : Cougars trade Jordy Johnson

Sput
09-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Cougers Trade Jordy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kennewick, WA ? The Tri-City Americans today have obtained 19-year-old left wing/defenseman Jordy Johnson from the Prince George Cougars for future considerations.

The 5'11", 195 pounder from Winnipeg, Manitoba appeared in 35 games for the Cougars in 2004-05 and had no points and 54 penalty minutes. In 2003-04 for Selkirk of the MJHL, Johnson appeared in 65 games and had one goal, five points and 420 penalty minutes.

"We will give Johnson an opportunity to compete for a roster spot on our club," said Americans vice president/general manager Bob Tory.

Johnson will arrive in Kennewick this Wednesday and will practice with the club in preparation for this Friday night's game against Spokane at Eagles Ice Arena at 7 pm. The Americans will close out pre-season play this Saturday at home against the Everett Silvertips in the Three Rivers Coliseum at 7:05 pm.

Scout

Stay-Puft
09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Any news on what type of player Johnson is? His MJHL stats looks like an enforcers line. From what I read, he will compete for a spot and if he makes the team, we give up a 6th round bantam pick. If he doesn't, we don't lose anything.

Sput
09-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Jordy is a good kid. He is definatly a role player type, and will add a good deal of toughness to your lineup. His PG stats didn't look very good, mostly because the wrist problem he 'developed' during the year happened in training camp. He was in three fights in one day at camp and ended up breaking his hand/wrist. I hear he finally had to take the time off because everytime he hit someone he could hear the bones grinding in his hand. He is a good checking line guy, and like I said, he will add toughness to your lineup.