PDA

View Full Version : Trade proposal

KBF
09-12-2005, 10:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Blazers are in need of another 20 year old and I think a guy like Rome would fit in nicely in the ol blue and orange.

Last year was atrocious in terms of scoring and with the addition of Versteeg Rome would be a pleasant addition to this team.

How bout....

To the Rebels

Ray Macias
Brock Nixon
2nd pick

To the Blazers

Aston Rome
Jared Walker

Courtney08-
09-12-2005, 10:36 PM
HA HA good joke !!! hahaha i cant believe that.. you think sutter would ship Rome and Walker.. What is wrong with you.. HAHAHAHAHA

RDRebelsfan
09-13-2005, 05:56 AM
that almost seems like it could work out to be an even deal.

here's why?

Rome is 20...only had 19G 27A
Walker is 19 had 13G 9A

Then Sutter gets a 2nd round pick
A D man Ray Macias is 19......a D man who had 12Goals and 35 Assists and wa sa -15...due to being on a crappy team.
Brock Nixon is only 18...4 goals 7 assists, 11 pts

I'd take this trade.

Why?

Simple after this yr Rome is gone, we still have the 2nd round pick, Macias (unless he signs pro) and Brock Nixon.

Thing is...I doubt Kamloops would do this, but if it was proposed I'd take it.

Shinyshoes
09-13-2005, 08:19 AM
I disagree...

In My opinion, our defence is in better shape than our offence. If you look at who the Rebels have to consistantly put the puck in the net this year, we have Wick, Rome........and you could maybe put Walker and Knackstedt in that catagory. After that we have a lot of guys who can score, but dont look like they will do it consistantly this season.

With Mihalik, Kurceba, and Hanson Obviously Ahead of where Macias would be, He would be a 4-5th defenceman at best.

On top of that, Loosing Rome and Walker up front for a pick and Nixon, We would be hurting pretty bad up front.

I cant see Sutter trading 2 of our top 5 Scoring Forwards for a 4-5th defenceman and a 2-3rd line centerman.

Cant see this trade happening.

Courtney08-
09-13-2005, 08:47 AM
thank you.. i dont see sutter trading two of our top scorers..!

D.A.
09-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Rome is only one of our top scorers if he stays. And if he does stay, we lose Moore, so you have to take that into account as well. I'm not sure if that makes it a good trade or not, but it doesn't seem so ridiculous to me, at least.

Shinyshoes
09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
I didnt say it was ridiculous, I just say I cant see it happening. Even though he has had a very strong pre-season, I still think unless Rome Doesnt come back to the rebels, Moore is on his way out. Too bad, because he has turned into a very strong defenceman, but our goal scoring prowress is too weak to let Rome go.

On the flip side of that, however, I was very surprised at Walker's name in the rumors. I think he is set to have a breakout year, and will be a top name on our team.

I could see Rome being traded for a 19 year old Forward, but not a defenceman. He certainly isnt in-expendable

frontrow fan
09-13-2005, 10:20 AM
I wasn't overly impressed by either player last season, Rome was to up and down, and Moore, well....the whole Defensive core was out shadowed by Phaneuf... Moore has come to camp this year ready to play...in good shape and from everything people have said is really making strides to improve his game. I haven't heard the same about Rome. Yeah, he can score, but who's to say he'll do it on a regular basis.. Shaden would be my pick to stay...just because Rome is to up and down. We need consistancy up front!!! JMO....
Cannot wait for this season to start!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :groovy: :clap:

D.A.
09-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Shiny - you're right in saying that our D core is strong, but the fact of the matter is we have way more forwards that can play at this level right now than D-men. Heck, we don't even have enough to fill out a playing roster yet. Either a forward is going to have to move back, or we need to trade for a defenceman at some point.

Shinyshoes
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Shiny - you're right in saying that our D core is strong, but the fact of the matter is we have way more forwards that can play at this level right now than D-men. Heck, we don't even have enough to fill out a playing roster yet. Either a forward is going to have to move back, or we need to trade for a defenceman at some point.Yes, I agree that we DO Still need to aquire some additional Defence somewhere, however getting back to the topic of this thread, I dont think getting a 4-5th line Defenceman and a 2nd-3rd line forward for 2 of our top forwards is the answer, with or without the suggested pick.

There are definately trades in the works, but in my eyes, this is not one of them

tiny
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
talk in the stands coming to the site. FUN

I too believe we will have an addition to the D corps but I can't see letting these two go for the suggested people. with what we have coming up, I can't see accepting Nixon in the mix.

Rebel66
09-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I was very surprised at Walker's name in the rumors. I think he is set to have a breakout year, and will be a top name on our team.

Have to say I agree with this assessment wholeheartedly. He looked very impressive to me during camp and will put up some numbers this year.

As for this proposal.....pass. I really cannot see this one going down, not if Walker is involved in any case.

D.A.
09-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Just for the sake of arguing, let me say this:
Macias is better than you seem to give him credit for. I'd put him at #2 or 3 on the Rebels, not to mention the fact that he may very well out-score Walker anyway.

And as much as I like Walker and think that this should be his break-out year, I don't see him as untradeable, really. This isn't our year to make a run at it, I don't think, so I don't think any 19-year-old is untradeable.

tiny
09-13-2005, 05:44 PM
my problem with this senario is that you seem to be equating Macias to Walker ... that would compare Rome to Nixon and a draft. Is that all Rome is worth in your opinion?

RDRebelsfan
09-13-2005, 06:37 PM
isn't Sutter known for turning players into something better...Nixon is only 18...at the same age Walker had a similar amount of points.

I wouldn't be pissed if this happen. Sure our D may be good now, but we could always improve it, and Macias is a person who can play D and put up numbers, if Sutter wanted to he could stick him up front. Plus you're getting a future player and Nixon under the tutorial of Sutter would improve his game.

Like I said, Rome is gone after this yr, Walker is an OA next season...Rebels at least get more for the future, cuzs let's face it that's what we're gunning for at this point in time, ou get the 16, you get nixon for an extra year and you get Macias for possibly another season.

I'd do it.

RDRebelsfan
09-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Yes, I agree that we DO Still need to aquire some additional Defence somewhere, however getting back to the topic of this thread, I dont think getting a 4-5th line Defenceman and a 2nd-3rd line forward for 2 of our top forwards is the answer, with or without the suggested pick.

There are definately trades in the works, but in my eyes, this is not one of them

I don't tihnk Macias is a 4th-5th line D imo...I'd have him up 1 or 2. Quite frankly.

RDRebelsfan
09-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Just for the sake of arguing, let me say this:
Macias is better than you seem to give him credit for. I'd put him at #2 or 3 on the Rebels, not to mention the fact that he may very well out-score Walker anyway.

And as much as I like Walker and think that this should be his break-out year, I don't see him as untradeable, really. This isn't our year to make a run at it, I don't think, so I don't think any 19-year-old is untradeable.

exactly, some of us are tlaking like we're going to be in the running. We'll be competitive...but I hat eto burst everyone's bubble, we'r enot going to win the WHL title...if we add people like Macias, Nixon and a pick is soldifies us for our possible run in 07.

Walker isn't anything to write home about imo quite frankly.

RDRebelsfan
09-13-2005, 06:44 PM
my problem with this senario is that you seem to be equating Macias to Walker ... that would compare Rome to Nixon and a draft. Is that all Rome is worth in your opinion?

if we're gearing for a future run then yes a pick and an 18 year old is more valuable than a 20.

Rebrevs
09-13-2005, 06:47 PM
I am skeptical that Walker will step it up this year. Waiting until you are nineteen to have a breakout year seems like there is something missing in the first place. It will be a nice surprise if it happens but I'm more inclined to put my money on the young kids who still have a strong desire to excell and achieve!!!

RDRebelsfan
09-13-2005, 06:50 PM
now let me make tihs clear...do I want Walker and rome to go?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

however if this was done I would NOT be disappointed....at all.

we're all knocking Brock Nixon down like he won't produce...under Sutter he could very well produce 15-20 goals.

Let me put it this wya again.

Rome....1 year left
Walker...2 likely

Nixon....3 likely
Macias...2 possible
bantam pick

you do the math.

quite frankly imo the Blazers would be the team crazy to do this, because they got a pretty young contigent and to throw it away for just rome and walker makes no sense...at all.

Red celtic
09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I am not sure this trade would benifit us. It could cost us a playoff position in a division that is going to be wide open this year. Rome and Walker are established players who will bring leadership to a young team this year.
:frog:

Sput
09-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Which is why Kamloops is looking to add players LIKE Rome and Walker. They have a young team and are looking for some veteran leadership from someone.