PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs trade Opsahl to Lethbridge...

LifelongChiefsFan
09-12-2005, 11:01 PM
for a 6th round pick in the '06 Bantam draft.

I'm really bummed about this. Chiefs should've traded Watt if they were going to trade one of their goalies. Opsahl started playing really well towards the end of last year and made a whole bunch of really great saves while Watt continued to play mediocre. If Watt doesn't step up his play this year, this trade could be a really big blow to the Chiefs, especially seeing how little they got for him.

Jimmypop316
09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
for a 6th round pick in the '06 Bantam draft.

I'm really bummed about this. Chiefs should've traded Watt if they were going to trade one of their goalies. Opsahl started playing really well towards the end of last year and made a whole bunch of really great saves while Watt continued to play mediocre. If Watt doesn't step up his play this year, this trade could be a really big blow to the Chiefs, especially seeing how little they got for him.

I really thought Opsahl should have been starting tender this year too. I was shocked when I found out yesterday, I thought if they were going to get rid of anyone it was Watt. I hope he has shown a lot of improvement this year because just looking at the trade compared to last year, I think its a horrible deal.

Everyone I've talked to about the trade has like the same feelings about Opsahl, that guy can play fantastic, hell he even had a shutout in pre-season with these new rules.

Going to be really interesting to see what Speltz is going to start doing if the team starts doing bad because they sound like they are pretty much ready to trade the whole team away from the sounds of things if we have another season like last year.

rezstyle
09-24-2005, 02:27 AM
I think you guys are seriously underestimating this guy. Don't get me wrong, I thought Opshal would be the back up and maybe even get half the go, but Watt has to be our man. Look at his career stats. He's right up there with the best of the Chief's past and even holds the record for career shut outs...............and you guys can't tell me that's because of the defense he has in front of him. Although I don't agree with having a rookie as a back up, I will agree Watt is the man in Spokane. Maybe we can give him a little more "run support" this year and help him have a career year.