Bortis
Cheveldave

Scout
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
If this were to be the line-up then you are saying on Defence:
Benke and Postma (rookies)
Gone would be vets Dafoe and Hengen

Forwards:
Gone would be vets Leavold, already gone are Cruse, Horman, Kneble,Murray, Stone and Szczachor.
Replaced by rookies: Nelson,Rako's,Smith,Bortis and Cheveldave.

You may not be far off. Can't see Dafoe going as he is a project with size. The rest are pretty good picks but we will still have to many 19 year-olds. I think we will see some major trades.

Scout

charliehorse
09-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I cat believe you left Henegn and Leavold out of your picks. That cant be right. Behind Schulz and Rumsey, Hengen is by far better then any of the other D men hands down. He's the only one with any offensive upside. Im sick of hearing about Postma, he is terrible. He is to weak to be an impact player at this level at this time.

Leavold is a top 8 forward and im pretty sure the team has plans for him. My opinion but i see Smith or Briseois leaving before anyone else. :groovy:

bronco rep
09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Charlie horse postma is only 16 & this kid is going to be a star in this league . Wait on till after christmas & then see if you are going to run this kid down.

Flathead
09-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I cat believe you left Henegn and Leavold out of your picks. That cant be right. Behind Schulz and Rumsey, Hengen is by far better then any of the other D men hands down. He's the only one with any offensive upside. Im sick of hearing about Postma, he is terrible. He is to weak to be an impact player at this level at this time.

Leavold is a top 8 forward and im pretty sure the team has plans for him. My opinion but i see Smith or Briseois leaving before anyone else. :groovy:
I would have to agree with ya about Leovold for sure. He looked pretty good against the Wheat Kings.
I like Hengen, but this defense may be hard to make this year. Can't see him going anywhere, but you never know.
Postma is far from terrible, he's probally one of the best 16 year old dmen I've seen in a long time. He's strong, calm and smart and will only get better. Will he make the team, personally I hope so. The only thing he has against him is his age. Will another year of midget do him better or will he get enough ice playing as a Bronco?

charliehorse
09-14-2005, 12:33 AM
ok well postma is a good prospect, but there has been so much hype on this kid. yah hes good, but yah he is 16. He is going to get tossed around once the regular season starts.

Hengen is the best offensively gifted forward we have seen here since Ian White, there is obviously no comparison to the 2 but he is the most talented D man we have. Time will tell.

3wheeler
09-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Do you really think Hengen and Schultz can make it. These 2 guys are not tough enough to play defense. Defoe will be gone with these guys as well. Our d line will be much better even with the new blood coming in this year. But time will tell what Dean does as far as trading or releasing some guys. Think about this, when was the last time any of these guys won a fight or even got into one????. I thought d men were suspossed to be tough. Just my thoughts

bronconeer
09-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Not every defenceman on the team needs to be a fighter. Did Ian White only fight? Or was he offensive, make outlet passes and play the point on power plays.

Oh-Vee
09-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Do you really think Hengen and Schultz can make it. These 2 guys are not tough enough to play defense. Defoe will be gone with these guys as well. Our d line will be much better even with the new blood coming in this year. But time will tell what Dean does as far as trading or releasing some guys. Think about this, when was the last time any of these guys won a fight or even got into one????. I thought d men were suspossed to be tough. Just my thoughts

I am not going to say that Hengen, Schultz and Defoe will be on the Bronco's when the season ends or even when the season starts but I think you will be surprized with the way these kids will play.

The defence last year was not the problem. I don't know if you guys remember this or not but no team scored fewer goals in the history of the WHL than the 04 05 Swift Current Bronco's.

Like many of you, last year I was frustrated with Schultz and his lack of toughness. My frustration came from the fact that there were many games that the Bronco's needed some one to set a physical tone for the game, period or shift. David had the size to do it but chose not to. I saw it as an oportunity for David to show he was the leader on the D.

I now realize that perhaps that is not Davids game. That is fine by me. Not every one can fight, not everyone needs to fight.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Mr. Schultz will be an impact player this year. Perhaps even an all star.

and by the way Defoe fought last year as a 16 year old and won. He had a great rode trip in the states where he got a lot of ice.