PDA

View Full Version : any leads on this guy???

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
09-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Brandon, Manitoba – The defending Western Hockey League Eastern Conference Champion Wheat Kings have announced the acquisition of overage left-winger Luke Hewitt from the Tri-City Americans.

In exchange for the 6’1” 190 lb. Hewitt, the Americans will receive a conditional draft pick.

A three year WHL veteran, the Fort St. James, B.C. product scored two goals and seven points and 217 penalty minutes in 68 games last season. Only four players including Brandon’s Steven Later spent more time in the penalty box during the 2004-05 campaign.

In 190 career WHL games, the former Prince George Spruce King has thirteen goals, 28 points and 470 minutes in penalties.

The addition gives the Wheat Kings twenty-nine players on it’s pre-season roster – 3 goalkeepers, 10 defencemen and 16 forwards. Hewitt joins veteran defenceman Riley Day as Brandon’s two 20-year olds. Each WHL club is allowed to carry three overage players.

Hewitt is expected to arrive in Brandon later today and practice with his new club on Thursday. He could be in the lineup this weekend when the Wheat Kings play their final two pre-season games – Friday night at home against Swift Current and Saturday night in Regina against the Pats.

kelownakarl
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
He is currently with the Prince George Spruce Kings of the BCHL

www.bchl.bc.ca

Stay-Puft
09-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Hewitt has been playing the "enforcer"/checking role since his 1st days in TC. He plays 100% all the time, just not always under control. I remember a phrase that was once said about Hewitt during his first year "He's not here for his stick-work or his skating skills."

Triton
09-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I'am not sure if he's the right 20 for our team.I was hoping Kelly would have traded for someone with some skill.

Joe Hallenback
09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
two words for you

Stephen Later

I think Mcrimmon gets the best out these type of players and I wouldnt be surprised to see Hewitt put up some numbers this season

Triton
09-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Kind of a misfit group we have going here this year.We better deal some of our 86's by next season seeing as we will have 9.Other than Plante...who will stand out?

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
09-14-2005, 01:35 PM
we dont need another fighter!! We need someone who can SCORE GOALS :D

Joe Hallenback
09-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Reaves and Burki I think will have big seasons this year. Burki justs oozes confidence with the puck and if Reaves can finish better then he did last season they could be a monster duo.

I think Leblanc is gonna benefit big time from playing at Leafs main camp and while he wont put up Fehr/Stone numbers I wouldnt be surprised at a nice 60 point season and doing the little things so well that he does.

On Defence Lenoski and Boyle will be better and put up some good numbers and with big bodies like Day,Louis and Yeo along with 16 year old behemoth Aulie on the back we are gonna be rock solid.

I think our success will boil down too a few things. First Can our Euros perform? Can Sandell prove his not just a hard working third liner and put up some decent numbers and will Edler adjust to the dub and score? Are Dittmer and Derlago going to play as well as we think they can cause if they do that should give us 2 pretty solid lines.

I think all the teams in the east are pretty even but I think Brandon has the best goaltending and that will count big time when the playoffs roll around

Triton
09-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I think our success will boil down too a few things. First Can our Euros perform? Can Sandell prove his not just a hard working third liner and put up some decent numbers and will Edler adjust to the dub and score?

Edler?Isn't it John Wikner??

Joe Hallenback
09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
blah ya it is Thinking of the giants guy

WHEATMAN
09-14-2005, 02:18 PM
i would have rather traded topilko and a conditional pick, for a proven 20 year old, yet maybe crim can do what he did with later, and make this guy a scorer

Triton
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I imagine that Kelly will send Topilko,Moore,Hunter,a D-man,and some prospects to various locations in order to keep this team competative if some of the guys can't get the job done in the first quarter of the season.Lots of moves to come for the W'kings.