PDA

View Full Version : WHL Fantasy League

Beaner
09-14-2005, 01:49 PM
from, www.whl.ca

WHL Launches Fantasy League Contest for 2005-06 Regular Season, Play for Free or Pay-to-Play
Created: Sep 14, 2005

Calgary, AB – Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League invites you to test your skills as a WHL General Manager by participating in the 2005-06 WHL Fantasy Hockey League.

The 2005-06 WHL Fantasy Hockey League offers two ways to play. Play for Free and you may be the winner of $1,000 (Cdn.) in gas certificates courtesy of Husky Energy. Additional prizes will be awarded monthly for the best monthly performance and for 2nd and 3rd place overall.

For just $9.95 Cdn., test your GM skills with the Pay to Play WHL Fantasy Hockey League game and you may find yourself the owner of a 42” Plasma TV. Prizes will be awarded for the top 10 overall finishes as well as monthly performance awards.

Participants who sign up early will receive FREE GAS. Husky Energy will send a $5.00 gas certificate to the first 500 unique participants. All participants who sign up prior to Friday, September 23, 2005 will be entered in the early bird draw for $800.00 (Cdn.) in FREE GAS courtesy of Husky Energy.

Register today by logging on to the Official WHL website, www.whl.ca. Select your players from any of the 20 WHL Club rosters. As GM, you can track your player’s performance, make trades and give your best shot at regular season victory.

ALL TRADES ARE FREE UNTIL OCTOBER 10, 2005. After October 10, 2005, Pay game contestants receive five free trades per month with the option to purchase five additional trades per month, while free game contestants receive three free trades per month, with the option to purchase three additional trades per month. The cost to purchase additional trades are $1.25 CDN* each.

WHL proceeds generated from the 2005-06 WHL Fantasy Hockey League will be directed in support of the WHL Education Program.

The WHL Fantasy Hockey League is operated by Statsfone, a Calgary based fantasy sports Design Company and Stats Inc., of Morton Grove, Illinois, the leading sports information provider in North America.

Official contest rules and details are posted on www.whl.ca and click on the WHL Fantasy League icon.

Triton
09-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I already signed up.

Chipper
09-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Yea it sounds like a fun thing to do.

Triton
09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
We should have our own hockey pool here through this site.I think it would be fun and popular.Whether it be NHL or the DUB.

Beaner
09-14-2005, 03:58 PM
We should have our own hockey pool here through this site.I think it would be fun and popular.Whether it be NHL or the DUB.

We will have the predict the winner for the WHL as we did last year run thru the site, and I will be setting up an NHL pool for this site within the next few days.

Info for the NHL pool will be posted in this thread here.
http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=2620

Triton
09-14-2005, 04:00 PM
I'am game so just let me know.