PDA

View Full Version : Brett Festerling Signs Pro-Contract

Beaner
09-14-2005, 10:03 PM
from, www.mightyducks.com

September 14, 2005

Mighty Ducks Sign Brett Festerling to Three-Year Contract

ANAHEIM, Calif. – The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed defenseman Brett Festerling to a three-year entry-level contract. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

Festerling, 19 (3/3/86), split the 2004-05 season between Tri-City and Vancouver of the Western Hockey League (WHL). Beginning the season in Tri-City, he posted 3-11=14 points in 33 games, and added 2-4=6 points in 32 regular season games with Vancouver. The 6-0, 180-pound blueliner also appeared in five postseason games with Vancouver, going scoreless.

A native of Quesnel, British Columbia, Festerling has appeared in four WHL seasons, earning 9-32=41 points in 177 games.

Not bad for an undrafted 19 year-old. Congrats, Brett, looks like the pops are on you this weekend. :clap:

Stay-Puft
09-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Congratulations Brett. I didn't like to see him go, but he was the only defenseman that I believe we would have gotten any value for since Belle and Stoner were pretty set to be gone this year. Plus, we needed help at the forward position. Does that entry-level contract mean he can/will play in WHL this year or does he have to move up?

GF71
09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I talked to him last night. He will be spending this season in Vancouver. :clap: *phewww* losing him this year would be a hefty blow to the Giants' back.

Beaner
09-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Congratulations Brett. I didn't like to see him go, but he was the only defenseman that I believe we would have gotten any value for since Belle and Stoner were pretty set to be gone this year. Plus, we needed help at the forward position. Does that entry-level contract mean he can/will play in WHL this year or does he have to move up?

Yes, he's already back with the Giants for this year. Basically he signed his deal and was sent back to the Giants.

Still waiting for the new CBA between the CHL and NHL to be released so we can find out the answers to players moving up, but I still have no informationn on it at this point and time.

It was Shaun Vey we traded with Tri wasn't it for Festerling? How's Shaun looking?