PDA

View Full Version : 3rd jersey...

Triton
09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Here are the third jersey's the Raiders will wear this season.We all seen these on the anniversary game.

WHEATMAN
09-15-2005, 12:08 PM
why the raiders changed from those i will never know, those jerseys are the best in the league

Triton
09-15-2005, 12:48 PM
They are very sharp.Even though I'am not a die hard raider fan(I do cheer for them when they aren't playing my team),I'am going to purchase one of those.My uncle was a raider and the jersey's they had look brutal but these are revamped.They should go back to those jersey's anyway.I hate the ones they have.I loved those 3rd's where it was kinds like the dallas stars.

Wildeyes
09-15-2005, 04:30 PM
I LOVE THOSE i was wondering if they are going to get rid of the 3rds they have right now with the raiders across the chest i like the old ones to from the late 80's the old min stars

Knuckle Chucker
09-15-2005, 09:58 PM
the helmet is the key part of the jersey

And green pants

Wildeyes
09-16-2005, 04:50 AM
I Love Green

nivek_wahs
09-16-2005, 05:01 AM
Nice jersey's brings back some memories of some great battles between the Raiders and the Pats of old. One of the nicest jerseys in the league.

Kevin

fightstrap50
09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
are you guys all being polite? Are you kidding me? Im sorry in advance but as a collector of jerseys these have to be the ugliest uniforms ive seen yet. Sure they are retro style, but my god they got rid of them for a reason.
Move over Kelowna, the new ugly jersey contest winners are PA Raiders.
they look like crap and you couldnt give me one of these, Bleahhhh!
lime puke green and yellow make me want to throw up.
I just dont get why a team would choose something like this with the available styles out there.
PG's 3rd jerseys= wicked
Red Deers 3rd jerseys= wicked
Kootenay Ice 3rd jerseys= wicked
ect ect ect
PA's 3rd jersey= horrible eye sore

Just my opinion
GO ICE GO!!!

Knuckle Chucker
09-16-2005, 12:20 PM
are you guys all being polite? Are you kidding me? Im sorry in advance but as a collector of jerseys these have to be the ugliest uniforms ive seen yet. Sure they are retro style, but my god they got rid of them for a reason.
Move over Kelowna, the new ugly jersey contest winners are PA Raiders.
they look like crap and you couldnt give me one of these, Bleahhhh!
lime puke green and yellow make me want to throw up.
I just dont get why a team would choose something like this with the available styles out there.
PG's 3rd jerseys= wicked
Red Deers 3rd jerseys= wicked
Kootenay Ice 3rd jerseys= wicked
ect ect ect
PA's 3rd jersey= horrible eye sore

Just my opinion
GO ICE GO!!!

Relax buddy. We all know you collect jerseys but that doesn't make you an expert on what looks good. You are in the vast minority with your opinion on this one. Those are sharp jerseys. Just my opinion

Triton
09-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Whatever..I think they are sharp,fightstrap you may just get a good look at them when those so called eye sore jersey's are skating by your boys lighting you up.

fightstrap50
09-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Relax buddy. We all know you collect jerseys but that doesn't make you an expert on what looks good. You are in the vast minority with your opinion on this one. Those are sharp jerseys. Just my opinion
hey.... did I say i was an expert?? I said "as a collector" you couldnt give me one of these. This is my opinion.
As for being the vast minority, there are only five or six people that appear to like them so thats not exactly "vast" is it. Maybe the 6 of you are old timers and are still stuck in past dreams of hockey glory from back in the day.

Why not try to make your team more appealing instead of looking like an apple peeling? They may appeal to the older generation but then you guys arent the only ones watching are you? The fans that are younger should be taken into consideration as they are your future fan base not you. I dont know one younger person that would wear that around or out to a game.

Most people have nothing to say about them ,other than ugly, so they dont post it. Thus creating the "vast minority" you'd like to think exists.

They are plain and drab, no excitment to them at all, jersey sales will drop on those ones trust me. A few older people will pick them up as its been 20 years since they wore them but thats it.

Maybe they did it for good luck as didnt they win a memorial cup in them in the 80's?

fightstrap50
09-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Whatever..I think they are sharp,fightstrap you may just get a good look at them when those so called eye sore jersey's are skating by your boys lighting you up.
You must be on a drinking team to think that buddy! They should turn out the lights so we cant see them. They wont be lighting the Ice up anytime soon trust me. And if the do, its only because when your laughing so hard its hard to skate properly, rotflmao!!!!

GO ICE GO!!!

Triton
09-16-2005, 03:36 PM
hey.... did I say i was an expert?? I said "as a collector" you couldnt give me one of these. This is my opinion.
As for being the vast minority, there are only five or six people that appear to like them so thats not exactly "vast" is it. Maybe the 6 of you are old timers and are still stuck in past dreams of hockey glory from back in the day.

Why not try to make your team more appealing instead of looking like an apple peeling? They may appeal to the older generation but then you guys arent the only ones watching are you? The fans that are younger should be taken into consideration as they are your future fan base not you. I dont know one younger person that would wear that around or out to a game.

Most people have nothing to say about them ,other than ugly, so they dont post it. Thus creating the "vast minority" you'd like to think exists.

They are plain and drab, no excitment to them at all, jersey sales will drop on those ones trust me. A few older people will pick them up as its been 20 years since they wore them but thats it.

Maybe they did it for good luck as didnt they win a memorial cup in them in the 80's?

Older generation??I'am 22. I highly doubt your Ice will be as dominant as they were A YEAR AGO.I bet the farm that P.A ends up with more PTS at the end of the season.

In the crowd
09-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Those are great looking jerseys, If I was a P.A. fan, i'd be one of the first to own one. P.A. has always had sharp looking jerseys.

westbeach55
09-16-2005, 05:09 PM
the raiders third jerseys look good

Knuckle Chucker
09-16-2005, 05:31 PM

Fightstrap, you are talking out of your "you know what". I billet 2 raiders (an 18 and a 19 yr old) and they love these 3rd jerseys. They informed me that the whole team was very upset that they only got to ware them once last year. The arab and the green/gold is way more popular with young and old. Fritshaw and Schlenker got the Arab tatooed last year, not the pirate. My 9 yr old and 12 yr old and there friends love the 3rd jersey. I will take the actual players and the kids word for it over your word anyday.

When I said you are in the vast minority, I was not only referring to this site. I was referring to fans in PA and many Blades fans who saw the Jersey last year. It was and is loved by the vast majority.

Nothing against the Ice but maybe you should worry about their jersey instead of the Raiders Jersey. All the Ice did was rip off the Capitals Jersey. How original is that :evil:

fightstrap50
09-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Fightstrap, you are talking out of your "you know what". I billet 2 raiders (an 18 and a 19 yr old) and they love these 3rd jerseys. They informed me that the whole team was very upset that they only got to ware them once last year. The arab and the green/gold is way more popular with young and old. Fritshaw and Schlenker got the Arab tatooed last year, not the pirate. My 9 yr old and 12 yr old and there friends love the 3rd jersey. I will take the actual players and the kids word for it over your word anyday.

When I said you are in the vast minority, I was not only referring to this site. I was referring to fans in PA and many Blades fans who saw the Jersey last year. It was and is loved by the vast majority.

Nothing against the Ice but maybe you should worry about their jersey instead of the Raiders Jersey. All the Ice did was rip off the Capitals Jersey. How original is that :evil:
well I can have an opinion on whatever I like first off.
Second of all my "you know what sounds like your mouth as well.
Thirdly I was talking about the Ice's 3 rd jersey as well as everyones 3rd jerseys
And a funny point you bring up about the Ice's regular jerseys being the same as the Capitals jerseys, Only because YOUR regular jerseys are IDENTICAL TO OURS EXCEPT COLORS. so dig your way out of that hole your hillarious

Knuckle Chucker
09-17-2005, 12:06 AM
well I can have an opinion on whatever I like first off.
Second of all my "you know what sounds like your mouth as well.
Thirdly I was talking about the Ice's 3 rd jersey as well as everyones 3rd jerseys
And a funny point you bring up about the Ice's regular jerseys being the same as the Capitals jerseys, Only because YOUR regular jerseys are IDENTICAL TO OURS EXCEPT COLORS. so dig your way out of that hole your hillarious

Yes you can have an opinion and I can prove you wrong, which I did. You said our 3rd's only appeal to old guys...I proved you wrong with my examples.

You are the only one (so far) who has stated that these jerseys are ugly (on this site and elsewhere).

You said our 3rd's are "plain and drab, no excitment to them at all". and then you have the berries to post a picture of the Ice's plain black cookiecutter 3rd's. Man, the excitement is just jumping off of those :laugh:

If I am hillarious then you are Crusty the Clown. I can use a tea spoon to dig out of your so-called hole. You made me laugh when you said "EXCEPT COLORS" like it is a minor thing. Your team colors are Exactly the same as the Capitals...those jerseys are an exact rip off of the Capitals. Someone asks what jersey is the same as the Capitals they for sure don't say the Raiders...it is the copycat Ice.

Triton
09-17-2005, 12:55 AM
The Raiders were around way before the Edmonton Ice and Kootenay Ice so you copied the raiders style.

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 01:07 AM
well i have to say im glad our team doesnt have some shiek from a desert that wouldnt even know what hockey is in the first place nor ever steped foot on or even seen ice. They guy is on skates in a yellow house-coat :laugh: with a sword in one hand and a hockey stick in the other. And to top it all off he wearing a vail on his hear wear. Boy thats pretty Canadian of ya! No lace up collars no nothing. Maybe i have a bad monitor and cant see the colors well as they really dont look good on it.

As for the younger examples you give, first off your kids at age 9 and 12 will like anything you say that you like, as you are there daddy after all. The billet situation you talk about may be true i dont know, but off topic, why do they need you to have 2 billets when you live in a decent sized city?

Our third blacks look alot better than what youve got imo. The diagonal Varsity lettering, lace up collars with only moderate markings is a real nice "sharp" look, better than a green bean! :laugh:

Also you better read some more boards if you think im the only one who doesnt like them before you say crap like that. Obviously you didnt look did you? nope didnt think so. Look again as you've been proven wrong too eh! lol

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 01:15 AM
The Raiders were around way before the Edmonton Ice and Kootenay Ice so you copied the raiders style.
actually we got our jerseys pretty close to the same time as well as a few other teams in the league but we all have different colors, but I guess to some thats a "big deal" even though they are identical patters, oh my goodness me.

Also look around the country and in the US at how many teams base their respective jerseys on NHL clubs.
And at least our 3rds are totally original and not some re-creation of days of old. No thought into them, just hey lets use our old tired looking ones from when we actually won something. Those arent going to win you a cup because of superstitions.

In the crowd
09-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but havent most of the Raiders jersey's in the past been identical to either Minnesota North Stars or Dallas Stars jerseys??? I remember them having the big star on their jerseys a couple years ago and i was wondering why would they even copy the star when they have nothing to do with stars. I've always liked P.A.'s jerseys, even though they got by copying NHL jerseys as well. It only took them about 15 years to have their own style (which other than colers is pretty much identical to the Ice's jerseys). So don't go dissin the Ice's jerseys because they are the same style of Washington's, at least have a good reason like "I don't like blue jerseys" or something. In my opinion the Ice have one of the best jerseys in the league, and I thought that before they even came to Cranbrook. Accually, when Washington first came out with those jerseys, they were my favorite jerseys in the NHL.

Triton
09-17-2005, 01:25 AM
I like these ones anywho.

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 01:40 AM
I like these ones anywho too, lol.

Knuckle Chucker
09-17-2005, 10:29 AM
well i have to say im glad our team doesnt have some shiek from a desert that wouldnt even know what hockey is in the first place nor ever steped foot on or even seen ice. They guy is on skates in a yellow house-coat :laugh: with a sword in one hand and a hockey stick in the other. And to top it all off he wearing a vail on his hear wear. Boy thats pretty Canadian of ya! No lace up collars no nothing. Maybe i have a bad monitor and cant see the colors well as they really dont look good on it.

As for the younger examples you give, first off your kids at age 9 and 12 will like anything you say that you like, as you are there daddy after all. The billet situation you talk about may be true i dont know, but off topic, why do they need you to have 2 billets when you live in a decent sized city?

Our third blacks look alot better than what youve got imo. The diagonal Varsity lettering, lace up collars with only moderate markings is a real nice "sharp" look, better than a green bean! :laugh:

Also you better read some more boards if you think im the only one who doesnt like them before you say crap like that. Obviously you didnt look did you? nope didnt think so. Look again as you've been proven wrong too eh! lol

Why do you make this so easy? Me thinks you have bin in one too many fights with your fightstrap not tied down.

Here we go:

The Shiek with the sword is a Raider just like a pirate is a raider thus the Prince Albert Raiders. I agree, I have never seen a shiek play hockey but then again I have never seen a saskquatch(sp?), which looks like it came out of a scoobie doo cartoon, play hockey either. So what is your point? I guess they had to pick something as it is hard to portray frozen h2o.

I am guessing you are not a dad of 9 & 12 yr olds when you say they will like something because dad does. It is very uncool to like something your dad does at that age unless your friends like the same thing. In the case of the 3rds their friends love them: it has nothing to do with me. In fact, other then the Raiders, my youngest son cheers for all of my hated teams because he knows I hate them. He has an Avalanche poster in his room that makes me gag every time I see it.

Many of the families have 2 Raiders some even 3. It is not that there are not enough people billeting (in fact there is a waiting list) it is if a good family has room they like to place more then one in a home. Many reasons...one player may have a car and can drive to school, practice, games and just the "buddy" factor.

As far as the Ice's 3rd's I don't like them as they are just a knockoff of the Avalanche's 3rd's stylewise. I hate the Avalanche so no suprise here. The Raiders are unique now as there is no more Minnisota North Stars and no one else uses an arab.

You are grasping at straws when you tell me to read the other boards. I read the white board when I need a good laugh. The collective iq of the posters on the white board adds up to the iq of that saskquatch on the Ice's jersey

Scout
09-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Very very well put. I think everyone has their own preferance. Myself, i like the Bronco's new third jersey because i cheer for them. Each person has their own preferance and it is usually for their home team. I remember those Raider jersey's. I hated them back then, not because of the design but because the team they had in those jerseys were so good. I wouldn't doubt down the road that the Bronco's come back with a third showing the old horseshoe on them. Marketing is what sells and something different fans buy.

Scout

Triton
09-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Why do you make this so easy? Me thinks you have bin in one too many fights with your fightstrap not tied down.

Here we go:

The Shiek with the sword is a Raider just like a pirate is a raider thus the Prince Albert Raiders. I agree, I have never seen a shiek play hockey but then again I have never seen a saskquatch(sp?), which looks like it came out of a scoobie doo cartoon, play hockey either. So what is your point? I guess they had to pick something as it is hard to portray frozen h2o.

I am guessing you are not a dad of 9 & 12 yr olds when you say they will like something because dad does. It is very uncool to like something your dad does at that age unless your friends like the same thing. In the case of the 3rds their friends love them: it has nothing to do with me. In fact, other then the Raiders, my youngest son cheers for all of my hated teams because he knows I hate them. He has an Avalanche poster in his room that makes me gag every time I see it.

Many of the families have 2 Raiders some even 3. It is not that there are not enough people billeting (in fact there is a waiting list) it is if a good family has room they like to place more then one in a home. Many reasons...one player may have a car and can drive to school, practice, games and just the "buddy" factor.

As far as the Ice's 3rd's I don't like them as they are just a knockoff of the Avalanche's 3rd's stylewise. I hate the Avalanche so no suprise here. The Raiders are unique now as there is no more Minnisota North Stars and no one else uses an arab.

You are grasping at straws when you tell me to read the other boards. I read the white board when I need a good laugh. The collective iq of the posters on the white board adds up to the iq of that saskquatch on the Ice's jersey

Fightstrap...you got burned.OUCH!

Knuckle Chucker
09-17-2005, 11:18 AM

Sorry, had to do it. Especially when he comes over to the Raider site and cuts down our jerseys.

Knuckle Chucker
09-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Very very well put. I think everyone has their own preferance. Myself, i like the Bronco's new third jersey because i cheer for them. Each person has their own preferance and it is usually for their home team. I remember those Raider jersey's. I hated them back then, not because of the design but because the team they had in those jerseys were so good. I wouldn't doubt down the road that the Bronco's come back with a third showing the old horseshoe on them. Marketing is what sells and something different fans buy.

Scout

I love Speedy Creek's jerseys....the regulars are great and the 3rd's are top 3 in the league. For sure the crest is the best and most detailed in the league. My dad is in the clothing business and they will not do the Bronk's crests because the thread count is too high so tough to make a profit. I would love to see the old horseshoe come back. It would remind me of the old Graham James days :D

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 03:06 PM
id hardly call that a burn let alone say "ouch" if thats all you can come up with thats sad. The Ice's 3rd are like the caps third??what? A burn is having a guy in drag on the front of your jersey!! but he carries a sword to make him feel better.

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry, had to do it. Especially when he comes over to the Raider site and cuts down our jerseys.
when a person clicks on the "new posts" buttons he is given a list of recent posts. so I didnt come over to your board thanks.
And also this is a public site and we can comment on any post in any teams board we like so relax its not like you own it is it. Talk to Billy to have posters banned form any board other than their own if you like. what a joke.

Knuckle Chucker
09-17-2005, 04:51 PM
when a person clicks on the "new posts" buttons he is given a list of recent posts. so I didnt come over to your board thanks.
And also this is a public site and we can comment on any post in any teams board we like so relax its not like you own it is it. Talk to Billy to have posters banned form any board other than their own if you like. what a joke.

I have no problem with you posting here so you relax. In fact I find it fun. You have no retort so all you can do is make the crack about the dress. It is kind of icing on the cake. By the way, how is that poll going??????

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 05:05 PM

Here we go:

Hey when you say "no one here or elsewhere", then where do you mean if not for other boards?? elsewhere is not here

The Ice's logo signifies the CANADIAN Rockies for one thing.
for another it also signifies the legendary CANADIAN myth of the Sasquatch.
On the shoulder Is a fist with the letter "I" clenched in it as an ice climbing pick axe.
And we as Canadians live in "the land of snow and ice", so our jerseys at least have a piont . I hope that explains a bit for ya! I think they are one of the more interesting jerseys going personally.

But wait, When was a pirate or an arab sheik ever in the PRAIRIES? maybe he lost his boat eh? ha ha ha ha ha. .
Pretty cool to have a jersey so UNCANADIAN in the CANADIAN hockey league woo hoo lets put Alli Baba the midlle eastern sheik with a vail on our new flat puke green jerseys! the only thing missing is his band of thieve's, oh no i forgot, thats the team!
Good role model for kids I tell ya, lets put a crook or a robber on our jerseys, someone who kills people and takes their wives and daughters for their Harem ! yeah thats cool!

So let me ask you this if you want to get into logos not making sense, What does a bulls skull have to do with rebels, why not put a biker on the front of Red Deers jerseys, i mean they steal, rob and kill people so why not? whats the difference?

This started out as me asking if you were all serious or polite and saying I did not like the new "ugly" jerseys and it had to go sour to insults back and forth. Want to keep going? Cause were only going to get more and more ignorant as fans, to fellow fans of other teams.
So sorry if i dont like your jerseys. I may have gone a little too detailed on my reasons but at least I had reasons, unlike a few of you going straight to slander toward the Ice team itself and me, and NOT jerseys. I never once mentioned anyone or anything about the team.

Wildeyes
09-17-2005, 06:35 PM
I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS RAIDERS 3RDS ROCK
kootney try something dif

the letters kootney accross blah i more interesting logo would of been kewl but oh well we are not that creative i guess like the head honchos would ever listen to the fans on a jersey right we dont know anything right

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 06:51 PM
By the way we are the only team in the entire league to have jerseys like ours. so id say thats different.

In the crowd
09-17-2005, 06:56 PM
we are the only team in the entire league to have jerseys like ours.
Accually our jerseys are the same style as Lethbridge's away jersey, just different colors. They don't look the same cause of totally different logos and colors though.

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 07:09 PM
hey scout you wanna edit my spelling impression why not edit "cough up blood ect ect" dont be a one sided moderator!

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Accually our jerseys are the same style as Lethbridge's away jersey, just different colors. They don't look the same cause of totally different logos and colors though.
we have a solid color jersey, they have a red sleeves and blue chest to shoulders, we have diagonal varsity writing with no logo, they have there huge logo across the chest. So i know, itc, but its not the same jersey imo, i dont know.

Scout
09-17-2005, 07:16 PM
I can't be on here 24/7. As soon as i delete one post another pops up. Maybe you two should agree to disagree or allow the poll on general discussion decide. As for being biased? I have deleted some canadian eh posts. The reason you can't see it is because i physically removed it. The only time you would see what i did is if i edited it. Sorry Fightstrap, i'm not biased its' just you two are keeping me hopping.

Scout

fightstrap50
09-17-2005, 07:25 PM
I can't be on here 24/7. As soon as i delete one post another pops up. Maybe you two should agree to disagree or allow the poll on general discussion decide. As for being biased? I have deleted some canadian eh posts. The reason you can't see it is because i physically removed it. The only time you would see what i did is if i edited it. Sorry Fightstrap, i'm not biased its' just you two are keeping me hopping.

Scout
I thought i did agree to dissagree a couple posts ago and the later explained that i may have gone a little over board with my reasns for not liking them. And it keeps going on and on. Someone wants the last word though even after i say sorry i dont like them. So have the last word scout and lock it or even better remove it all together, whatever it takes. The slander and all of it can go. Ill argue blue in the face when everyone gets ignorant and they will to. Thanks for the quick reply