PDA

View Full Version : Craig Lineker Traded To Saskatoon

Fight Guy
09-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Craig Lineker Traded To Saskatoon

September 15, 2005

CRAIG LINEKER TRADED TO SASKATOON

Regina SK ---- This afternoon the Regina Pats traded nineteen-year-old defenceman Craig Lineker to the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for a fourth round bantam draft pick in 2007.

Lineker had two goals & three assists in thirty-five games, while adding fourty-five penalty minutes in an injury-shortened season last year with the Pats. The 6’2” 201lb product of Calgary was a sixth round draft choice of the Pats in 2001.

“Our depth of defencemen and the development of our younger players was going to make it difficult for Craig to be a regular in our lineup this season. This move will give him an opportunity to compete for a regular roster spot in Saskatoon’s lineup,” commented Pats GM Brent Parker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I for one think this was a good move. Sure, as usual, we got a draft pick for a player. But the D-men that are her enow are good and will get better. The Pats have Schenn and Halifax and the blue-line for experience, and of coarse along with Deck(though he seems to switch from D to forward every now and then). Plus Rienhart and Pyett are there aswell. Lineker would definetly have been 3rd line at most. The trade worked well for Waschuk last year, maybe the same will go for Lineker.

witness
09-15-2005, 03:26 PM
I hope that Lineker does well in Saskatoon. They will need him. They are short on experienced blue liners.
I like this move. I think that Ross at 16 and MacDermott at 17 are just as good or even better than Lineker. They will need the ice time to develop.

Trav
09-15-2005, 04:35 PM
comment on what Lineker will bring to the Blades, weird deal since the Blades have 3 19 yr old d-man already, now four with Lineker.

nivek_wahs
09-16-2005, 02:22 AM
I liked Lineker but he was almost always injured so he had no chance to show his true game to the Pats faithful and he is 19. He is a very steady defenceman and will bring stability to the defence corps. and probably throw in a few points as long as he remains healthy. I wish him all the best.

With Pyett, Schira, Patterson, Reinhart & Schenn returning as 'veterans' there was a lack of room for any more veteran defencemen, have to let the young guys play and learn in the WHL. Add in Nick Ross and Matt MacDermott to the mix the Pats' D is all but set. Spencer Fraipont (who I know little about) has looked really good throughout camp and is only 17.

Note: Kyle Deck is now playing Left Wing for the Pats and has looked good in that position throughout camp.

Kevin