PDA

View Full Version : Giants defeat Rockets in exhibition(Sept 16)

rinkrat
09-16-2005, 11:33 PM
4-3 Giants
Kraus got the hat trick,Rutherford the other goal.
Tartaglione hit Rutherford with a long 2 line pass to send him in and he buried a slapshot,nice pass by the 'tender...
Gordichuck scored the winning shootout goal.Watt only played the first period,I don't know if he was injured.Repik got at least two assists and looked really good,as did Blum on defense.Also notable were Festerling and Albers.Unfortunately ref Smith decided he should be the centre of attentuion for alot of the game.All in all it was a good game,full house,too.Still undefeated...

Beaner
09-17-2005, 12:56 AM
4-3 Giants
Kraus got the hat trick,Rutherford the other goal.
Tartaglione hit Rutherford with a long 2 line pass to send him in and he buried a slapshot,nice pass by the 'tender...
Gordichuck scored the winning shootout goal.Watt only played the first period,I don't know if he was injured.Repik got at least two assists and looked really good,as did Blum on defense.Also notable were Festerling and Albers.Unfortunately ref Smith decided he should be the centre of attentuion for alot of the game.All in all it was a good game,full house,too.Still undefeated...

Yeah it was allright. No one really stood out as having a fantastic game.

Tartaglione played well, he can really move the puck. Having no red line really helps if you have a goaltender who can pass it well, when the other team screws up a line change.

Thought Gordichuk looked slow out there tonight. He just didnt seem to be able to keep up, and did Gabriel get even more than 2 shifts a period?

Hard to keep a track of the Kelowna players as they went with no name brand jersies tonight, but they played a good team game.

One other thing I noticed was that the Vancouver defence was more willing to go for the long pass, whereas Kelowna went with more of a traditional breakout style.

Like I said no-one really stood out as having an overall great or exceptionally poor game. It was entertaining but not a great game.

As to the changes to the rules.....

I loved not having any 2 line passes and the tagup offisde, it really kept the flow and the speed of the game going.

And wow do those goalies ever have to move that puck a lot now. No more taking a 50' slapshot into the catcher and just hanging on to it. I loved how they had to make a play quickly.

The ref tonight, Smith, I thought missed a lot of the calls on both teams when guys without the puck would give their opponent a tug with their sticks. I was under the impression that was a penalty....He did seem to call an awful lot of Elbow and slashing penalties especially in the second. Average game I would say at best.

Funniest part of the night was watching the two teams decide who to send out during the shootout. Van went 2-7 and Kel went 1 for 7. Not that exciting to be honest but a lot of people around me said they liked it.

Teaps
09-19-2005, 10:17 AM
I think you'll see the excitement of the shootout come more into the play when the game is on the line, because i too didn't find the shoot out too exciting...