PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Smith is back?!?

Shinyshoes
09-17-2005, 12:32 AM
An interesting Twist was thrown back into the rebels lineup today as Jonathan Smith was Back in a rebels uniform for the Last pre-season game VS. Calgary in Lacombe. This makes our defence look a little better, and adds even a litte more complications to the 20-yr old situation.

Ill can have a recap of a crappy 4-0 Loss tomorrow if anyone is interested......

WHL Rules
09-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Ill can have a recap of a crappy 4-0 Loss tomorrow if anyone is interested......

That would be great, Shiny. Any thought on how the final roster will look like?

RDRebelsfan
09-17-2005, 01:45 AM
An interesting Twist was thrown back into the rebels lineup today as Jonathan Smith was Back in a rebels uniform for the Last pre-season game VS. Calgary in Lacombe. This makes our defence look a little better, and adds even a litte more complications to the 20-yr old situation.

you mean 4-1 loss.

And it was crappy, too many penalties, Leslie played good imo.

Good turnout too.

frontrow fan
09-17-2005, 09:03 AM
I too was surprised to see Smith in the line-up last nite... didn't think he played with a hole lot of enthusiasm, but ....maybe his "ship" didn't come in back home?? who knows...
If that game last nite, was any indication of what the season will be like, we are in for a VERY LONG boring season!!! there was no flow to the game, the players could not get anything going, and I'm sure the longest stretch of constant play was no more that 3 minutes!!! BORING!!!!!!!!!!! I thought Lester played well too, should of had the 3 goal, that was a softy, but whatever... I think they were getting a tad frustrated by then...Josh's goal was nice, he's a guy I would hardly notice on the ice, then ...there he is and was making fairly decent plays! good to see...I also thought Knackstedt had a good game, as did Flatters, and Kurceba too... Walker, Peiper and Vandermeer would have had better games had they played more....by the end of this season EVERYONES penalty minutes will be in the triple digits!!! :evil:

Red celtic
09-17-2005, 10:08 AM
It was a terrible effort by the rebs. personally I couldn't pick more than one or two players who played with any effort. John Flatters wasn't one of them he has a hard time getting the puck out of his own end. He is not afraid to hit people but his first pass out of his zone is late or off the mark. Knackstead played well but after that it gets thin.
:(

Courtney08-
09-17-2005, 11:05 AM
yes it was a brutle game..
I dont like the new rules it cause the game to go for way to long..and way to many penalties
I was surprised to see John back as well but good for him!!
Knackstead played well I thought and has in all the games hes played so far, he looks good out there. Its also nice to watch Eric Frere this year as well.. Not last nights game mind you but its good to see he was comfortable out there this year cus last year it made me uneasy to watch him out there he wasnt comfortable but this year he is.. Flatters i didnt think played well at all.. He has so much more then what he showed last night,. Its nice also to see Kurceba back..
I dont know what it is but my own personal opinion I really dislike watching Klotz play.. he is to tall and flimsy i just dont see what everyone else sees..
As for Karey Pieper.. I dont know what happened to him over the summer last year he was dropping guys like no other and this year every single time he hits someone he goes flying.. its disapointing because he thinks he has so much power and he just continues to embarss himself by dropping like a fly everytime HE hits someone..
This is all my personal opinion
I hope the regular season gets a lil more interesting compared to last nights game