PDA

View Full Version : Cougars

scamperdog
09-18-2005, 12:11 AM
After watching tonights game I would have to say the cougars are not the most talented group, but they more than make up for it with hard work for the full sixty minutes, goaltending is your strong point I thought Cyr was by far your best player tonight your import number 13 Alexandrov is going to have to learn to control the cheap shots or somebody somewhere will teach him in a hurry If Stengler is suppose to be the tough guy then I think your in trouble there to, but over all hard work can out do talent many times over and that will be the difference between making the playoffs or not, I think you guys will surprise a lot of teams this year.

Sput
09-18-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure, at least I hope not, that Stengler is supposed to be a tough guy on the team. I think that job is either going to fall to Dienes or Featherstone (which ever sticks). I honestly don't think that we will have a heavyweight on the team if Dienes goes. With the Russian import......thats Euro hockey for ya. I'm sure he will learn his lessons the hard way, and hopefully sooner and not later. Having Cyr and Bowles in net gives us a hell of a one-two in goal, and they will push each other hard for the starters job. My feeling is that goal and defense are going to be the strong parts of this team, and the forwards are going to be hard working and puck pursuing all season. Really, its about time we got a team that realizes that the only breaks you get in a game are the ones you create for yourself. I heard a lot of nay-sayers when they named Vandekamp as head coach, but I think this is going to be one of the most physically fit teams in the league this season, with the focus on working hard, and challenging themselves.