PDA

View Full Version : Joe Barnes Suffers a Concussion

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Source.http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/news/news.asp?articleid=1352 At the bottom of the page in the Notes. I do not know why I just noticed this now but I hope he will be able to continue playing hockey,considering some of the injuries he has had. Something else that is in the same article, that I noticed that Brandon Tidball has earned a free agent tryout with the Hurricanes.

mat01800
09-18-2005, 12:03 PM
He is playing the opener I am quite sure.

Trav
09-18-2005, 12:23 PM
During his time at the Hurricanes rookie camp. Hopefully he's going to be another Hordichuk.

Billy Blade
09-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes the last I had heard Barnes is still expected to be in the lineup on opening night. Hopefully Tidball can provide some fire and spark to the lineup, we were really lacking that last year. It's a shame Brown didn't get sent back to us.

Lefty
09-19-2005, 12:56 AM
He is playing the opener I am quite sure.

I'm pretty sure everyone will be back for the Home Opener, though as of now it is possible Setoguchi may get a longer look in San Jose. Rabbit just got sent home, which means the only two I know are still away at camp are Haw and Setoguchi (who both played in the Sharks preseason game today).

Billy Blade
09-19-2005, 09:25 AM
It's great that Haw is getting such a long look, he must really be picking it up and impressing. We need him to have a big year and take a big step forward. With his size and strength it would be a real asset to us.

Tiger9
09-19-2005, 09:27 AM
I think they were just short a pilon for practice, that's the only reason Haw is still in camp. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Billy Blade
09-19-2005, 09:28 AM
I never thought of that, perhaps you're right. :laugh:

Lefty
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I think they were just short a pilon for practice, that's the only reason Haw is still in camp.

:laugh: :laugh:

Priceless. :thumb:

But Haw was signed by the Sharks to a tryout contract today. He was also returned to the Blades, so he'll be ready for the home opener on Friday.