PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Devon Setoguchi is

maple leaf
09-18-2005, 12:46 PM
having a great camp with the Sharks. Was in the Sharks chat room to see how he was doing and I guess he is doing pretty good playing on a line with Patrick Marleau, doesn't look out of place. Is there an out side chance he could make the Sharks this year.

Trav
09-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Blades need him more then the Sharks plus I don't think the Sharks would wanna sign him now when he could be a unrestricted free agent in 7 years, making him 25. He'll probably be one of the last cuts. Could be gone next year though.

Billy Blade
09-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I think he will most definitely be back for another year of junior. He is still too inconsistent and needs to work on the mental side of the game. He might stay for a cup of coffee and come back to us later than we thought but I just can't see him outright making that roster this season.

It would be a huge loss for the Blades.

Lefty
09-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I've read a lot of good things on Setoguchi's play at San Jose's training camp. I've also heard that Haw has been playing fairly well, at least for an invited player. We'll definitely need him and the other experienced defenseman (Crowley, Knudsen and Flatt) to pick up their play to make up for Green's departure.

I've already noticed improvement in Crowley's play through the preseason. He doesn't look like the same defenseman as last year. Let's hope he can continue playing well throughout the season.

Trav
09-18-2005, 04:22 PM
I've always liked Crowley and so far I think he's done well. Seems to wanna be the go to guy for offense on the blueline as he has scored about 3 goals in regulation time during the pre-season

Billy Blade
09-18-2005, 05:21 PM
They definitely needed some of the returning players on defence to pick things up a notch this year and prove that they should be there. Crowley's play so far is encouraging, hopefully he can keep it up.

Billy Blade
09-18-2005, 05:23 PM
thats the main thing that screwed the raiders was when hartnel got the call early . a team basically depends on those first round picks sticking around at least 1 year....we are hoping for 2 out of chippchurra

From what I've heard Chipchura has been having a great camp in Montreal and has a shot at sticking there as well. The Habs should be much improved this year so it remains to be seen, at least on paper they are.

loudi94
09-18-2005, 06:55 PM
He's already back from camp. The speed was tremendous in camp and he had to work hard to keep up. Having said that, he'll be flying in the Dub this year. Could even wear the C. Scoring 50 this season is the goal for him.

Lefty
09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
He's already back from camp. The speed was tremendous in camp and he had to work hard to keep up. Having said that, he'll be flying in the Dub this year. Could even wear the C. Scoring 50 this season is the goal for him.

I'm not sure whether or not you're talking about Setoguchi, but he will remain in San Jose for the next little while at least. He scored a goal in the Sharks exhibition game tonight, not to mention being the 1st star. I still think its likely that he will return for the season, though its possible he could miss the first few games of the season.

loudi94
09-19-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure whether or not you're talking about Setoguchi, but he will remain in San Jose for the next little while at least. He scored a goal in the Sharks exhibition game tonight, not to mention being the 1st star. I still think its likely that he will return for the season, though its possible he could miss the first few games of the season.

Yes, I was mistaken. My information came from the transition from rookie camp to the next camp. I assumed it was the Blades camp. Happily, I was wrong.

Billy Blade
09-19-2005, 09:28 AM
One thing about Setoguchi is that when he is on, he is really on. It's just his inconsistency that is his biggest problem. If he has shaken that then look out, but I just can't see him being able to produce consistently at the NHL level yet. It's a whole different game once everybody has their A roster on the ice. I still believe he will be back this season.