PDA

View Full Version : Just read this figured id share it if you all havent found it yet

fightstrap50
09-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Dan Blackburn Suffers MCL Sprain in Left Knee
9/15/2005

Rangers Goaltender Sidelined for Two Weeks

The New York Rangers announced that goaltender Dan Blackburn suffered a medial collateral ligament (MCL) sprain in his left knee during the team's Training Camp on-ice session today.

Blackburn was examined by Dr. Anthony Maddalo and received and MRI test on the knee this afternoon. He is expected to be sidelined for two weeks with the injury.

The Rangers are currently in their third day of the 2005 Training Camp as they prepare to open their exhibition schedule on Tuesday, September 20 against the Islanders. New York begins its regular season portion of the 2005-06 schedule on Wednesday, October 5 in Philadelphia against the Flyers before returning to Madison Square Garden on Thursday, October 6 against the Montreal Canadiens for the club's home opener.

This was from the New York Rangers web site.

Good luck Dan hope you get recovered quick! We all know you still have what it akes to make the show. Keep working out there

Spungy
09-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the article!!

We were wondering where he was this season

hope it is a speedy recovery

Chipper
09-18-2005, 04:30 PM
He just can't catch a break it seems. I know he is an unrestricted free agent with no compensation, looking for a contract. This is the last thing that he needs to get back and prove himself to the NHL.

Flathead
09-18-2005, 05:02 PM
IMO, the Rangers rushed this young, amazing goalie and ruined him. Goalies take time to develop and the Rangers didn't give him any. Hope someday he can make it.

Chipper
09-18-2005, 05:17 PM
I agree. The problem now is he is playing with injuries that he can never heal. I hope he has been smart with his money and can get a buisness going after his carier. I do really think he can get back to the minors and hopefully the NHL again. If anyone has the drive to get back it is him.

Sput
09-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Couldn't agree more. Dan was fantastic to watch with the Ice, and the Rangers in all their hockey wisdom ruined him. Goalies and defense are two positions that you can' rush. They both need time to mature into the highest level of the game. Its to bad Dan keeps getting injured. Honestly the best thing for him right now would be a trade to a team ith two strong NHLer's so that he could get the chance to go into the minors and develop a little more.

Chipper
09-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Any one can pick him up but realistically who is going to take a chance on a guy that plays with out a glove hand.

Sput
09-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Thats right. I forgot that he had a shoulder problem that limited his glove hand movement and is playing now with two bockers. Seeing that in goal must throw forwards for a bit of a loop though. IF he is effective with it he might start a new trend.

fightstrap50
09-19-2005, 03:02 PM
hes been quoted as saying his reaction time is getting quicker with the blocker on his left hand instead of a catcher. Apparently the lateral movement is more natural for the body to go through than twisting your arm outwards with a catcher facing away from you. It doesnt have the tendancy to bend at the elbow like you have to with the catch.

try it out for yourself by letting your arm hang to your side and only moving it as a block, the turn your arm outwards like a catcher and your elbow will want to bend naturally the farther up you move it, as well as pulling shoulder muscles over the top and from the back of your shoulders. it feels more comfortable to me with a blocker for some reason

Chipper
09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
What about the rebounds and trying to freeze the puck under desperation, you can't catch it just deflect it.

fightstrap50
09-19-2005, 05:41 PM
i dont know, they do it with one hand, why not the other? Also Ive heard he has some sort of glove on the under side for grabbing it, whether thats true or not i dont know, but at first they were calling it a block catcher so it may have a glove for him as his hand would be facing the right direction for it and he has no stick in that hand. but they should make it official and do this instead just cause itd be funny to see