PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's Loose 1-0

Scout
09-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Great game by both teams. Final shots were 33-18 for Swift. The score were have been worse if it haden't been for Pat goalie David Reekie who stood on his head. Shane Halifax got the lone goal. He was left alone in between the face off circles, was fed a pass and put it into the five hole. Lots of great hits and was a good intense game for preseason. Lechovic and Halifax had something going all night. Halifax has to learn to control his temper or it could hurt Regina. All night a Bronco would give him a little shot with the stick and he would flip and either forget about the puck or want to fight and would get a minor.

Scout

Chipper
09-19-2005, 08:31 AM
SO maybe shut outs are still posible, even with all the rule changes to stop it from happening.

Willis on the Welfare
09-19-2005, 09:36 AM
I won't do the usual recap because it's preseason and I'm lazy.

David Schulz not dressed? Myles Rumsey in the lineup? Looks like a certain 19 year old d-man has already made the team, while another is battling for a spot.

Schulz rules!!!

Karl Benke not dressed? I know we're all drooling over this kid becasue he's a monster, but get ready for this giant to see as much ice time as Bobby Williams.

I hope we can muster some power plays goals because Boris Leckovic may kill himself drawing penalties.

Kyle Moir will probably start 90% of the games this year. I would have liked to see this Yonkman kid.

Paul Postma! Damn! Looks like the dreaded 1st round bantam pick curse may end this year with Postma and Bortis.

Leovold and Nelson are going to make attending Bronco games fun.

Nice job on the euro pick.

Admit it, you have to love the new rules. 100 foot passes, odd man rushes, and quit being so cynical about the shootout! You know you loved it.

...and finally did you hear the song in the 1st whistle of the 2nd? IRON F'N MAIDEN!!! THE TROOPER!!! I asked for it several days ago on another thread and it happened!!!

Nyhagen?
Boutilier?
Johnston?

I don't know who is responsible but I'll credit all of you. You all rock!!!

Way better game than the 1-0 score would indicate.

Willi$

Oh-Vee
09-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Paul Postma! Damn! Looks like the dreaded 1st round bantam pick curse may end this year with Postma and Bortis.

Nice job on the euro pick.

Admit it, you have to love the new rules. 100 foot passes, odd man rushes, and quit being so cynical about the shootout! You know you loved it.

...and finally did you hear the song in the 1st whistle of the 2nd? IRON F'N MAIDEN!!! THE TROOPER!!! I asked for it several days ago on another thread and it happened!!!

Nyhagen?
Boutilier?
Johnston?

I don't know who is responsible but I'll credit all of you. You all rock!!!

Way better game than the 1-0 score would indicate.

Willi$

The pass that Postma made to Leavold was all world. I don't think that I have seen a better pass than that. Postma, in my humble opinion, was the best player on the ice last night (Leckovic was great as well). He is starting to look more and more confident with every shift. This kid is going to be scary good in a couple of years.

Power play looked good at times and brutal at other times. Desloges can distribute the puck pretty well but needs to toss in a shot every now and again because the Pats penalty killers keyed on the pass a lot. Need some finish.

Rakos is going to be a player. He looked like a deer caught in headlights during the first period scuffel but was dominant out there at times.

I noticed the Maiden during the game and thought "Willis must be the happiest guy in the rink."

I love the new rules. So quick, no whistles lots of skating. I don't know what there is not to like about the new rules. It is hard to get excited for a shoot out when it doesn't mean any thing but you wait the blue hairs in the CCC will be going nuts when two points are on the line against a division rival.

CHtoo
09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
T

I love the new rules. So quick, no whistles lots of skating. I don't know what there is not to like about the new rules. It is hard to get excited for a shoot out when it doesn't mean any thing but you wait the blue hairs in the CCC will be going nuts when two points are on the line against a division rival.

I resent that "Blue hair" comment. :laugh:

Small point to make. There aren't two points on the line. Only one as the losing team still gets a point. In my opinion there should only be two points awarded, no more point for a tie.

Offsider
09-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Schulz was on the side lines so he will stay healthy for a trade .

!!!!!!! RUMSEY RULES !!!!!!!

Toulman had a nice hit on Halifax looks like the big number 11 should lay off the donuts

Leavold and Nelson looked great Very good work ethic

Buzz around the dub is that lots off hooking and holding calls being made. Boy we sure have not seen that yet . Pats would have spent whole game in the sin bin last night.

Scout
09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
I noticed the Prince Albert brass at the game last night. Anholt and company were watching the game pretty close with their little note pads. Were they scouting for the season opener or a player?

Scout

Oh-Vee
09-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I resent that "Blue hair" comment. :laugh:

Small point to make. There aren't two points on the line. Only one as the losing team still gets a point. In my opinion there should only be two points awarded, no more point for a tie.

At least the hair is Bronco colours. ;)

I agree, games should not be worth 3 points. 2 points is the max that should be allowed. With a shoot out guaranteeing a winner and a looser there is no longer worries about teams playing for a tie. Teams will get aggressive and try to win rather than not loose.

Flathead
09-20-2005, 08:18 AM
The shoot out was the cheesiest thing I've ever seen. I laughed the whole way through it. It's terrible.