PDA

View Full Version : Who's leaving now?

scme
09-19-2005, 12:45 PM
ok end of exhibition season - start speculating

I'll guess Toulman, Defoe, Hengen to start and then it comes down to who is most desired by other teams

Scout
09-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Let's break down the team by postion:

Right Wingers:
Josh Aspenlind
Travis Brisebois
Brady Leavold
Boris Leckovic

Pushing the vets:
Right Winger Grant Toulmin. Grant stands 6'4" and weighs 200 lbs. Played for the SE Flames in Langley. He is a grinder with size who can stand in front of the net and cause havoc for the goalie. Also very tough who can fight with his right or left but is a natural southpaw. Does Bortis need protection? I think so.

Left Wingers:
Marc Desloges
Andrew Wasmuth

Pushing the vets:
Kyle Bortis. Kyle averaged over 2 points a game last year and is the offence we need. Is a real team player and has awesome wheels. Won pretty much every award there is. Without protection he will become a target.

Centers:
Luke Hunter
Jeremy Schenderling

Pushing the vets:
Levi Nelson
Daniel Rakos
Zack Smith
Levi was probably the best rookie in preseason. Was called up last year for a look and scored in his first game. Has great wheels, a good shot and gives 100% every shift. Has a knack for finding the puck.
Daniel Rakos is our Euro pick. Has good size and is getting stronger and stronger every game.
Zack Smith is not much different than Levi. Smith played for the Legionnaires last year where he averaged a point a game. Levi played for the Calgary North Stars last year where he averaged almost a point a game.

Left Defence:
Michael Hengen
Donny Lloyd

Pushing the vets:
Greg Alexander
Greg took a wicked hit in pre season and has returned to Vancouver.

Right Defence:
Marc Dafoe
R.J.LaRochelle
Myles Rumsey
David Schultz

Pushing the vets:
Karl Benke
Paul Postma
Karl played in Edmonton last year where in 33 games had 177 pim. At 6'6" and well over 200 lbs. he will be looked for not only toughness but also to move players from in front of our net.
Paul Postma is an offensive defenceman. Played in Red Deer last year. Likes to rush with the puck and at 6'3" has good size and skating. Can feather a pass on the tape through a crowd. Has good lateral movement and is rated the 7th best 89 draft prospect in Western Canada. Gets better and better each game and looks like a vet back there. Never panics with the puck and has a bullet of a shot.

So we have 6 Right Wingers, 3 Left Wingers, 5 Centers, 2 Left Defence and 6 Right Defence. We are over postioned on Right Wingers, Centers and Defence.
I will not guess on what will happen or who will be moved. If you look at the rookie forwards they are mostly scorers which we lacked in the past. On defence we have an offensive defenceman and a big, tough defenceman along the mould of Trojo.

Unless we plan to carry 24 players all year then i expect movement.

Scout