PDA

View Full Version : Cody Vann re-assigned

Triton
09-19-2005, 01:29 PM
The Prince Albert Raiders made one roster move this morning, re-assigning 16 year-old defenceman Cody Vann to his Midget AAA team. Vann, who is from Winnipeg, will play for the Winnipeg Sharks Midget AAA team this season.

Vann appeared in all 5 pre-season games with the Raiders picking up 4 minutes in penalties.

The Raiders now have 24 players in their WHL camp after Jeff May (Detroit) and Dane Byers (Rangers) returned to Prince Albert from their NHL camps late Saturday. Only AJ Thelen (Minnesota) and Kyle Chipchura (Montreal) remain at NHL training camps.

Injured players Brad Erickson (hernia) and Ben Van Lare (collar bone) both have resumed practicing and may be available for the 900 CKBI Home Opener this Friday when the Raiders host the Moose Jaw Warriors at 7:30 PM at the Art Hauser Centre.

T

Wildeyes
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Hewson is still around tho

westbeach55
09-19-2005, 06:04 PM
terrible. now that leaves collins as there 7th dman :confused:

Why are they keeping collins around he can't skate, he can't fight. what are they waiting for out of him.

Sabes
09-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Why are they keeping collins around he can't skate, he can't fight. what are they waiting for out of him.

Come on Matt, we know he can fight. And I personally think his skating improved over last year. I hope we use him as a forward more than a d-man though.

Triton
09-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Come on Matt, we know he can fight. And I personally think his skating improved over last year. I hope we use him as a forward more than a d-man though.

He's a great asset to the team....a career in the stick boy field is where Collins could excel.He will be attending the U of SB (University of stick boys).Also some rumblings regarding Collins is that he will be re-assigned..to the Raider shop..they need extra help.There also could be a deal in the works with this trade:

To Prince Albert:Saskatoon's 3rd round bantam stick boy pick
Cash
2 tickets to the rodeo

To Saskatoon:Garth Collins
Pucks(Pucks pending)

westbeach55
09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I agree that he should be up forward if he is playing

Knuckle Chucker
09-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Garth will not get a lot of ice at either spot (barring injuries). I think he will see spot duty and will get some time parked in front of the net. However he seems to have developed a bit of a mean streak and should be one of the legit heavyweights in the league this year......if he stands up.

His skating is much better but still not great