PDA

View Full Version : Schulz Traded To Spokane!!

charliehorse
09-20-2005, 12:47 AM
David Schulz has been traded to Spokane. No word on what we have got in return. Some possibilities are Adam Hobson (18), or Ned Lukacevic (19). Either would be a great addition to the Bronco Roster

Scout
09-20-2005, 07:09 AM
We all knew there would be trades. Not sure who we are getting. I would think a forward with a few points but you never know. Be interesting to see what Willis has to say about the trade. I guess we will hear more today on who we got. We are short on Left Wing. Spokane is top heavy on Left Wingers with 7. Lukacevic is a Left Winger who had 46 points in 71 games.

Scout

Oh-Vee
09-20-2005, 09:34 AM
David Schulz has been traded to Spokane. No word on what we have got in return. Some possibilities are Adam Hobson (18), or Ned Lukacevic (19). Either would be a great addition to the Bronco Roster

I see nothing about this on the Bronco's, Chiefs or WHL web sites.

I know that I am new here but I don't think it is proper to state something as fact with out giving some information on source. You shouldn't have to name names but if you were to say something like "I spoke to some one who is well connected to the Bronco office . . ."

This is the internet after all, you can't trust everything you read.

If it is true that Schulz has been traded, I wish him all the best. I believe that he is going to have a good season this year. Spokane is a great place to play hockey and has the best rink in the WHL, IMO.

Red Dog
09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Well it's about time. I thought when we got rid of Fransoo it was going to be a good year and now Schulz. It just might be a great year. Don't need someone with his size and strength on defense if he is not willing to use it. Try not to get to excited on Dec. 4 when Spokane comes to town because I am sure Schulz will come down with the Trojovsky flue that he did last year when Matt came to town. :groovy:

Oh-Vee
09-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Well it's about time. I thought when we got rid of Fransoo it was going to be a good year and now Schulz. It just might be a great year. Don't need someone with his size and strength on defense if he is not willing to use it. Try not to get to excited on Dec. 4 when Spokane comes to town because I am sure Schulz will come down with the Trojovsky flue that he did last year when Matt came to town. :groovy:

Matty was suspended when he came back last year. I am pretty sure that he really wanted to play. In fact if I remeber right he won the phone call promotion and waved to the crowd and got a nice ovation.

Scout
09-20-2005, 10:36 AM
It appears to be true. It is on alot of different boards. It was first posted by coach 2. I have no idea who coach 2 is but i'm guessing a billet to get the info. The team was out of town yesterday so it was non of the players unless it was Schulz himself and he knows coach 2. Three names bounced around from Spokane are :

Hobson 6' 206 lbs. He's a center who in 72 games last year had 10 goals 27 assists and 47 pim.

Lukacevic 6'1" 190 lbs. Left Winger who in 71 games last year had 18 goals 28 assists and 52 pim. We are in need of left wingers.

Both the above are still at pro camps and may be what the hold up is.

Third could be Salmonsson who is a Swede. He stand 6' 190 lbs. and is also a left winger.

I'm only guessing here from what i've read around different boards.

Scout

Oh-Vee
09-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I don't mean to cause trouble, I just think that it is too easy to come on to the internet and make a statment and pass it as fact without a source behind it. I have seen many boards get shut down or loose credibility for that reason.

I am not sure that it will be the Swede in return for Schulz. Sunday at the Champions meeting Dean was still hoping to have Lelkes report to the team in October/November. Apparently Eldon and Dean are in contact with his agent. Unless that has fallen appart in the last day or two and Lelkes has signed in Slovakia.

Red Dog
09-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Matty was suspended when he came back last year. I am pretty sure that he really wanted to play. In fact if I remeber right he won the phone call promotion and waved to the crowd and got a nice ovation.

You do remember right but what you forgot was Matty's suspension wasn't announced from the WHL until the afternoon before the game. Schulz told the trainer in the morning he wasn't felling good and that he couldn't play. I am sure had David known that Matty was out of the line up he mostly likely would have dressed.
I know there are some Bronco fans out there that think Schulz is a great player but if he is too scared to play against a former player what kind of image does that show the rest of the Bronco's on the team. They all know why he didn't play and to keep putting up with that just hurts the rest of the team.
You need someone to show leadership, desire and most important heart and I am sorry but he really doesn't have any of that.

Oh-Vee
09-20-2005, 11:06 AM
You do remember right but what you forgot was Matty's suspension wasn't announced from the WHL until the afternoon before the game. Schulz told the trainer in the morning he wasn't felling good and that he couldn't play. I am sure had David known that Matty was out of the line up he mostly likely would have dressed.
I know there are some Bronco fans out there that think Schulz is a great player but if he is too scared to play against a former player what kind of image does that show the rest of the Bronco's on the team. They all know why he didn't play and to keep putting up with that just hurts the rest of the team.
You need someone to show leadership, desire and most important heart and I am sorry but he really doesn't have any of that.

I thought you infering that Matty didn't want to play when he came back to Swift. I didn't remember that Schulz wasn't dressed for that game.

I don't know what happens in the dressing room, but I agree that Schulz did not step up in the leadership department (on the ice anyways) the way I would have liked last year.

But like I said in an earlier post, not everyone is a leader, not every one fights, everyone has a role on the team. Apparently David chose not to be a physical player despite his size. Mario is a big guy and early in his career he chose not to be a physical player (mind you, Mario has slightly better skill than David ;) ).

If your story is true, and David was afraid to play against Matty then yes, he lacks the character that this team needs despite his potential.

Scout
09-20-2005, 12:15 PM
It has been confirmed on sports that Schulz was traded to Spokane. They also said they are still finishing up the details of the trade and there should be a press release this afternoon.

Oh-Vee i agree with you when you stated posting names and starting rumors about trades that were not confirmed. When it does happen as in this instance the only thing we can do as posters is to try and keep it as close to the truth as possible. I don't want our board to become a gossip board like some other boards out there. This trade i read on a few forums and had heard it around town so it did sound legit. Also like i said it was posted last night by coach 2. The players were all out of town so i'm guessing this came from a billet.

Scout

Broncs in RD
09-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Hopefully Hobson is a player coming over to swift. He had 37 points last year and runs through opposing players. He has a very thick frame. The blackhawks are pretty high on this player.

Willis on the Welfare
09-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Well I guess I put my foot in my mouth when I said that Schulz was resting on sunday cause he already made the team. Oops.

I would have liked to see what Schulz could have done here with the new rules. Schulz was the only d-man last year capable of moving the puck out of his own zone. He really could have flourished without the redline, and with forwards like Leovold, Nelson and Bortis to make those long passes to.

Do you really think a 16 year old Postma is ready to be Scott Niedermayer? Who starts the rush? Hengen? Lloyd? Defoe? RJ? Myles Rumsey maybe the best defensive d-man, and he can fight, but how many assists does he have? Without Schulz we were 0-7 on the PP against Regina. REGINA!!!

Schulz was out of place last year. An offensive d-man on a team of plumbers. Put him on an offensive team and he'll be good.

And Red Dog, don't tell you wouldn't have done everything possible to avoid a sh*tkicking from a juiced up 6'5 monster who you spent two seasons watching destroy other players.

Scout
09-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Schulz to Spoke for Lukacevic
From the Chiefs Website

CHIEFS ACQUIRE SCHULZ FROM SWIFT CURRENT
9/20/2005

CHIEFS ACQUIRE SCHULZ

The Spokane Chiefs have acquired 19-year-old defenseman David Schulz from the Swift Current Broncos in exchange for 19-year-old forward Ned Lukacevic.

Schulz is entering his fourth full season in the WHL with 185 career games played. The Winkler, Manitoba native was a former first round selection, 17th overall, in the 2001 WHL Bantam Draft and an eighth round selection of the Vancouver Canucks in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. Schulz set career highs last season with eight goals, 19 points and 138 penalty minutes.

“We felt a top four defenseman would greatly benefit this year’s team,” Chiefs General Manager Tim Speltz said. “David is an elite player and a defenseman that can play in all situations. Obviously to acquire a player of this stature meant we would have to give up a high profile player in return. Ned is a front line forward with offensive skill and his qualities fill Swift Current’s needs. We appreciate Ned’s contributions to our organization and wish him the best in Swift Current and throughout his pro career.”

Schulz will be in the Chiefs lineup on Saturday night when the Chiefs open up the 2005-06 regular season and travel to Cranbrook to take on the Kootenay Ice. Mike Boyle, the voice of the Chiefs, will go on the air on KJRB 790 the Fan at 5:30 with the first Comcast Hockey Tonight show of the season. Game time is scheduled for 6:00. Spokane will begin the home portion of the regular season on Saturday, October 1st versus the Tri-City Americans. Tickets are available at the Chiefs office ((509) 535-PUCK) or any TicketsWest outlet ((800) 325-SEAT.

David Schulz
Defense
DOB – 1/3/86
HOMETOWN - Winkler, MAN
HT – 6’3” WT – 201
Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 8 #254 overall 2004 NHL Entry Draft

Posted on Sep 20, 2005, 3:42 PM

Red Dog
09-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Well I guess I put my foot in my mouth when I said that Schulz was resting on sunday cause he already made the team. Oops.

I would have liked to see what Schulz could have done here with the new rules. Schulz was the only d-man last year capable of moving the puck out of his own zone. He really could have flourished without the redline, and with forwards like Leovold, Nelson and Bortis to make those long passes to.

Do you really think a 16 year old Postma is ready to be Scott Niedermayer? Who starts the rush? Hengen? Lloyd? Defoe? RJ? Myles Rumsey maybe the best defensive d-man, and he can fight, but how many assists does he have? Without Schulz we were 0-7 on the PP against Regina. REGINA!!!

Schulz was out of place last year. An offensive d-man on a team of plumbers. Put him on an offensive team and he'll be good.

And Red Dog, don't tell you wouldn't have done everything possible to avoid a sh*tkicking from a juiced up 6'5 monster who you spent two seasons watching destroy other players.

Do you honestly think Matty would resort to going after David Schultz. In case you think so I shall let you know I golf with Matty this summer while he was working for my cousin and told me he would not bring himself to that level to go after Schultzee. I'm just trying to show the Bronco fans that think he is the best Defense man we had, including yourself, that he is nothing more than a chicken Sh*t and no team, including Spokane, Should want a player on their team that will not have their back when you need someone.

Willis on the Welfare
09-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Do think Matty would resort to chasing after Schulz? Probably not, but according to you Schulz thought so. Do you remember Trojo snapping on Kyle Ross and bloodying him? He's a dangerous man. Why risk injury in anothing game?

And Red Dog, I do not think Schulz is the greatest ever. I think he brought more to the table than people realize. He was a skilled player on the wrong kind of team. He is gone now and the topic of how bad he was, much like the beer you're named after, is stale, flat and irrelevant.

I just heard it was Lukacevic coming to Swift. Dean just pulled off a huge deal for the Broncos. When you look at the deals Dean has made and the long term effects, Chynoweth has made some great moves, and this could be his best yet.

Flathead
09-20-2005, 08:23 PM
David Schulz I wish you the best and hope that you can turn your game around in Spokane. All the best.
Here's how I look at this trade. We got rid of last years worst +/-, Schulz at -29 and in return got a player that would have lead our team in scoring last year. Sounds good to me. We need goal scoring and should get in in Ned and the new dmen look to be great. Yes Willis, I think Postma is ready and will put up bigger numbers than Schulz did in his first year.

CHtoo
09-20-2005, 08:54 PM
with the posts on other boards it sounds like we won this trade hands down. Time will tell as always but I at least am pleased with it.

Scout
09-20-2005, 09:10 PM
With the trade happening Monday our newest Bronco should be in the line-up for the season opener. All reports are he is one of the fastest skaters in the league. Even the Bronco players you talk to are pumped about the trade.

Scout