PDA

View Full Version : Pats Trim Roster

nivek_wahs
09-20-2005, 04:56 AM
September 19, 2005 (reginapats.com)

Regina SK ---- This afternoon the Regina Pats reassigned seventeen-year-old goaltender Ryan Nieszner to the Kindersley Klippers of the SJHL & seventeen-year-old defenceman Matt MacDermott to the expansion Okotoks Oilers of the AJHL.

Nieszner, an eleventh round bantam draft choice of the Pats in 2003 played last year for the Moose Jaw Midget AAA Warriors posting a 1.91 GAA and five shutouts in twenty-six games. Nieszner also led Team West to the gold medal at the World U-17 Hockey Challenge last winter in Lethbridge, AB.

MacDermott was a tenth round bantam draft choice of the Pats in 2003 and spent last year with Calgary Midget Buffaloes, totalling fifteen points and seventy-two penalty minutes in thirty-four games.

Pats Notes:

The Pats received news from the Boston Bruins that Czech forward Petr Kalus will remain with the Bruins this week and play in exhibition games vs. Toronto & Pittsburgh. Kalus was the Pats first round CHL Import Draft selection, and the Bruins second round draft pick in the NHL Entry Draft this summer.

Kevin (finally made the team... Fourth Liner... Sweeeet)

witness
09-20-2005, 09:00 AM
I liked MacDermott. I thought he had a good pre season. I would have chosen MacDermott over Patterson. But, this is maybe for the best, if you are considering his development. He will now play a ton of minutes and in all situations. That will be better for his development than sitting in the stands.
Rowatt had a great preseason. Won the back up job. Good on him!