PDA

View Full Version : Shultz Traded to Chiefs!

lever
09-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Shultz Trade who's going back to Swift?

LifelongChiefsFan
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Shultz Trade who's going back to Swift?

Chiefs gave up Ned Lukacevic for Shultz.

I think this Trade was a HUGE mistake. Personally I don't know what the hell Speltz is doing this offseason via trades but I feel both of the trades he pulled off have hurt the team more than helped. I think this was Lukacevic's big year.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I doubt it...

Jimmypop316
09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Wow definately didn't see it coming, but then again Speltz and Peters have been preaching about the whole underachieving won't be stood for, and this is an obvious statement by them.

Lukacevic has so much talent and really has never put it to good use for the Chiefs, so unless he has a breakout year this might be a decent trade for them.

Really surprised we went for another defence, I've felt thats a strong point we had for the season.

So uh wierd?

LifelongChiefsFan
09-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Really surprised we went for another defence, I've felt thats a strong point we had for the season.

So uh wierd?

I agree. I thought offense was where help would be needed this year but maybe that won't be this case. The Chiefs have too many defenseman right now though, and I think it's safe to assume with this trade that Engman is gone.

Hopefully they get more than a draft pick for him. Maybe they plan to trade for a forward? It will be interesting to see how the roster changes the first few weeks.

minirep
09-22-2005, 11:03 AM
After watching Schultz for years I can tell you guys that ift's offence you want you got it with Schultz. Schultz will pobably help you get a goal or two a game it's just that he will cause twice as many as he will get. :laugh: :laugh: He will also never move anybody out from the front of the net either. Wish you luck Chief fans!!!! :thumb:

Jimmypop316
09-22-2005, 12:41 PM
After watching Schultz for years I can tell you guys that ift's offence you want you got it with Schultz. Schultz will pobably help you get a goal or two a game it's just that he will cause twice as many as he will get. :laugh: :laugh: He will also never move anybody out from the front of the net either. Wish you luck Chief fans!!!! :thumb:

Well I guess him not moving anyone out of the net is a good thing, seeming since touching the guys around the crease now results in a penalty.

rezstyle
09-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Well, I don't know what to think on this one. Lukacevic was one of my fav players as far as potential goes, but maybe we didn't do as bad as it seems on paper. Remembering back a few years ago, I think Jared Smyth was a similar type of player......someone with great potential and moments of that potential..........but all in all, he didn't ever live up to it.

although I hit myself in the dang head for saying this, defense wins championships and I guess that's what we're building for. And, on a side note..........come on now, Engman......did he really show that much to be taken to the next level. I remember him trying to fight...or lack there of. He just simply didn't seem physical enough for him to go anywhere.....but hey, that's just me.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
09-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to thank you guys for giving us Lukacevic for Schultz in that trade. He had a great game for the Broncos last night in our home opener against the Prince Albert Raiders, scoring a hat trick in about eight minutes and ended the game with 5 goals, including 2 shorthanded goals.

Hope Schultz is pulling through for you guys.

Flathead
09-25-2005, 01:35 PM
A few years ago you guys gave us Tim Smith, who turned out to be awesome, now Lukacevic. I was just over town and people that weren't at the game were asking me about Ned, as word is travelling quick around town about his performance last night. He's just what we in Swift needed in so many ways, and he'll put more people in the rink. In one game he brought back excitment to hockey in Swift. He surprised me how level headed he is too, after the game in his interview, he talked about how this game is over now and they have to focus on Wednesday's game against the Pats. Pretty impresive for a guy who just scored five goals. I can see why he'll be missed in the Spoke.

Jimmypop316
09-25-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm going to look the other way now