PDA

View Full Version : Away game package for STH

Tipped Off
09-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Received this in my mailbox from the Tips...Can't post a PDF so the flyer is not included.

Please find attached the WHL Advertising Flyer offering season ticket holders a special discounted rate for Webcasting of Silvertip's 36 away games.

The discounted price is $74.99 Cdn for the 36 away games.

The season ticket holder package will be added to the current list of packages on the website tomorrow.

This will be available tomorrow at www.whl.ca

westbeach55
09-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Raider Season Ticket Holders receive special offer for Webcasting of all Raider road games!

Beaner
09-21-2005, 03:10 PM
This package is available for all season ticket holders of all teams. You just have to selct the team you are a season ticket holder of.

2$ a road game a great deal IMO. Nice perk for all the Season ticket holders from across the Dub.

Kamfan
09-22-2005, 12:14 AM
If the quality and reliability is good across the board I'm definitely buying this package. It would be nice if people who watch some of the first few games online will post their feedback here for everyone to view. Since I've got until the 30th before the Blazers' first road game, I wouldn't mind hearing a few opinions before I make the purchase.

langdak
09-22-2005, 09:11 AM
If the quality and reliability is good across the board I'm definitely buying this package. It would be nice if people who watch some of the first few games online will post their feedback here for everyone to view. Since I've got until the 30th before the Blazers' first road game, I wouldn't mind hearing a few opinions before I make the purchase.

you can test the quality

if you go to the site, click on "watch live", then click on "click here to test your computer and bandwith"

it will bring up a sample of an OHL game from last year

i have an LCD monitor and it wasnt half bad on my end, the ice was VERY bright and a little tough to see the puck when the camera was zoomed out, but a few adjustments on my monitor and it should be good

i dont know if this will be exactly how things are, but give it a test and see how you like it

Kamfan
09-22-2005, 10:43 AM
you can test the quality

if you go to the site, click on "watch live", then click on "click here to test your computer and bandwith"

it will bring up a sample of an OHL game from last year

i have an LCD monitor and it wasnt half bad on my end, the ice was VERY bright and a little tough to see the puck when the camera was zoomed out, but a few adjustments on my monitor and it should be good

i dont know if this will be exactly how things are, but give it a test and see how you like it

I've done that and it seems good enough (not great), but I wonder how the quality in say, Moose Jaw, will be in comparison to say, Vancouver or Calgary. Time delay, # of cameras, sync up with the audio, consistent feed, etc.

So I wouldn't mind getting comments on a bunch of arenas' broadcasts.

Jovorock
09-22-2005, 01:20 PM
$74.99 for season ticket holders is $2.08, pretty cheap. Does anyone know if I have four season tickets and if myself, brother and brother inlaw want to all purchase at this special price?

Beaner
09-22-2005, 03:53 PM
$74.99 for season ticket holders is $2.08, pretty cheap. Does anyone know if I have four season tickets and if myself, brother and brother inlaw want to all purchase at this special price?

I have sent them an email asking them that very question as I am in a similar situation.

Beaner
09-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Ok I got a reply back from them and it is not off to a good start...

I sent this -

Afternoon,

I was wondering about your package for WHL Season Ticket holders, the 74.95$ package for road games.

I currently hold 4 Season Tickets, for the Vancouver Giants, that are all in my name, but I share them with 3 other People. It's just easier to get all the tickets etc run thru one person.

Since I have 4 Season tickets - does this allow me to purchase 4 of these road game packages, or am I only allowed to purchase 1 since all the tickets are only in my name?

Thanks in advance for answering this question for me.

and got this back :mad:

Hello,

Thank-you for taking the time to contact INSINC technical support.

We have created an on-line FAQ, which contains information on common problems that can impact the playback and quality of streaming media.

Please click below to access:
http://www.insinc.com/techsupport/windowsmedia

Please take the time to read through this FAQ.

If your are still unable to solve your problem please reply to this e-mail with the test results from the FAQ and the following information:

- The Operating System are you using (Windows XP / 2000, Mac OS X, etc)

- Player Version installed on your system

- Type and Version of Web Browser

(For Windows users; To find out version numbers of these software applications, click on the Help Menu Item and select About...)

Thank-you,
INSINC Technical Support
support@insinc.com

So, I sent them this.

Afternoon again.

Thanks for your quick response, however your response did nothing to answer my question that I had for you.

I have pasted my original email for you to read again.

Thank - you for looking into this question for me, as I am not the only person who has been asking this question.

Hopefully they look into this for us.

Beaner
09-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Ok, got a real reply.

You can purchase up to the number of Season Tickets you hold regardless of your name.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate contacting us.

Sincerely,

WHL Live Streaming Support

Good news - so 4 seats = 4 discount packages for those wondering.

langdak
09-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Ok, got a real reply.

Good news - so 4 seats = 4 discount packages for those wondering.

Thanks for the info Beaner, that means i can get 3, cuz of 3 seats

I am gonna give the one game a go tonite, check out the quality then decide from there