Kevin Armstrong
Dustin Cameron
Ryan Funk
Adam Geric
Colton Gillies
Blair MaCaulay
Michael MacAngus
Brett Ward

have all made the team, I do not know why Molleken is keeping 3 goalies on the team, I think we knew all who the starter and backup goalies were going to be,but obviously molleken knows best, I am sure that we will have 2 goalies soon enough.

Trav
09-20-2005, 06:56 PM
about the goaltending. Molleken says it'll be settled this week, may be a trade involving Monette to any team that is looking for a goaltender.

Billy Blade
09-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I did expect them to carry the three goaltenders into the season until they can figure out what to do with Monette. I think the very best we can hope for him in a trade would be a mid round pick.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Is anyone suprised that he was released? I think that this move will maybe give a rookie defenceman a chance to maybe take a spot on the blueline. I think some other teams could be looking to pick Joel up, maybe Regina if he wanted to play at home. I am sure the Pats would welcome him onto their team with open arms, if they need an experieced leader. He played well when he was with the Blades and it was not because he a bad player, it was just because we had maybe too much experience on the blueline, but too much experience is not a bad thing either.

Lefty
09-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Is anyone suprised that he was released? I think that this move will maybe give a rookie defenceman a chance to maybe take a spot on the blueline. I think some other teams could be looking to pick Joel up, maybe Regina if he wanted to play at home. I am sure the Pats would welcome him onto their team with open arms, if they need an experieced leader. He played well when he was with the Blades and it was not because he a bad player, it was just because we had maybe too much experience on the blueline, but too much experience is not a bad thing either.

Part of me is surprised, part of me isn't.

If I were in Molleken's position, I likely would have released him though. It's not that he isn't a good player, it's just the fact that I'd rather give the icetime to a rookie like Funk or Ward.

What is the final number for the Blades roster to go to? Right now they are sitting at 26. Obviously they will have to cut down to 2 goalies (Khudobin and Armstrong), but after that who else goes? I'd pick Cook (though I'd slot him in for next season) and one of MacAngus, Cameron or Geric.

Courtney08-
09-22-2005, 07:01 PM
mehh he wasnt much to watch in red deer.. not to surprised

Billy Blade
09-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Joel is such a good kid and has great character. I feel really badly for him and the tough luck he had with injuries, it really cost him developmentally. I hope he gets another chance, with his hometown Pats would be nice. While I'm sad to see him go, I know it is for the best to give some of the younger guys who are going to be the leaders in a few seasons more ice time.