PDA

View Full Version : Trade in the works????

Tinner
09-21-2005, 07:05 AM
After reading the article in the paper the other night, I can't help but think that there is something brewing as far as a trade is concerned. Keeping 25 players around this late to me indicates a couple of possibilities......a trade is being worked on, and 2, there is some difficulty settling on a lineup. The competition for spots has been strong, although I feel the skill level seems to be down.

Aside from having 4 overagers to deal with, most teams don't carry 25 players this late because of billetting, school and the likes.

Another topic that is again up for discussion is the fan experience at home games. Is the Westerner going to loosen up a little and let the fans have some fun? Can we ever have the noisiest rink in the Dub? Is changing beer sponsors going to mean they'll move the beer carts off the concourse area?

frontrow fan
09-21-2005, 09:39 AM
There's a thought!! there is no way the Red Deer will EVER have the loudest rink... it's not even the most FUN!! the only way it would ever be the loudest is if every kid was given a horn at the door..(BAD IDEA... I hate those things!!) but the Red Deer fans are far to boring as a whole. Too stuffy..radio stations, etc.. have tried over the years to get things going, dressing white for playoff games and the like, and Red Deer fans will never do it!! there is the select few, who try to make up for the crowd...BUT WE CAN'T DO IT ALL ALONE!!! we made a trip to Med. Hat and that is a site to see... I don't think I saw more than 5 people who didn't have a t-shirt, or jersey or orange clothes on!! I know it's a smaller rink, but the fans are true and loud and proud!! As much as I hate to say it....it was impressive to see!!

Here's to a great season.... :clap: :bounce: :groovy: LET'S GO REB'S!!!!

Triton
09-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Moose Jaw Warriors General Manager Chad Lang has announced today they have traded 18-year-old Center Justin Scott to the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for 16-year old Jordan Oystrick and a 5th round pick in the 2006 Bantam Draft.

Oystrick hails from Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. The 6'1, 180 lbs right-winger played last season for the Regina Pat Canadians in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA League. Last year he played in 42 games tallying 11 points.

With the move made today the Warriors roster currently consists of 27 players, 14 forwards, 10 defensemen, and 3 goals.

Hockey101
09-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Start of the New year with a trade with our favorite team.Hope scott does well in a rebels uniform as he should step in and be good. Was a good player on a bad team last year. :groovy: now the big question is he down or is there more coming??????????My guess is there is more on there way and some more rebels on the way out.

Courtney08-
09-21-2005, 08:34 PM
im not a big fa on being kept on the edge of my chair for trades and releases its tense.. lol.. but sutter has a lil more time i guess to make the decisions.. Ehhh i cant wait.. to see what the out come is..its like Christmas :bounce: