PDA

View Full Version : Season Opener Set to Launch

Scout
09-21-2005, 07:41 AM
20 September 2005
Broncos Home Opener Set To Launch
The Swift Current Broncos announced on Tuesday the plans for the home opener pre-game festivities Sept 24th. After the success of last years tailgate party, the club has announced that a tailgate party will once again be taking place. This year the festivities will begin at 4:00pm where fans can look forward to a burger and a pop for just $2 thanks to Diamond/Sage Well Services, Safeway, and Treens Packers. The Eagle 94.1 is also sponsoring the event and will be live on location with the Eagle Cruiser!
Activities such as face painting and a dunk tank will both be present on the front lawn of the Centennial Civic Centre thanks to Big Brothers/Big Sisters. The Swift Current Fire Department will have Engine 2 at the event and will also be handing out stickers and tattoos. Sparky, the mascot of the fire department, will be making a special appearance. Fans can also watch for the Molson Girls who will be in attendance.

Former Bronco greats Todd Holt, Bryce Wandler, and Tim Tisdale will be present and available to sign autographs. Todd Holt is the teams all time leading scorer, Bryce Wandler holds the Broncos record for the lowest GAA average in a season and a career, and Tim Tisdale scored the Memorial Cup winning goal in 1988/89. At 7:30pm the action will move inside the arena for a special event that fans won't want to miss!

For more information contact:
Corey Nyhagen, Director of Sales/Marketing, S.C. Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 3
Brad Boutilier, PR/Game Day Operations Coordinator, S.C. Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 9

Scout
09-21-2005, 08:11 AM
See they are bringing in three former players for the season opener. All three played a vital part for the Bronco's in the past. Todd Holt was one of the most exciting players to ever wear the Bronco uniform. He is the teams all time leading scorer. Bryce Wandler, holds the record for the lowest G.A.A. for a season and a career. Tim Tisdale will always be remembered for scoring the overtime goal to win the Memorial Cup. Good to see three former players being honoured for past accomplishments. Also with season tickets that the board will do a business blitz on Friday to sell more seasons. I hope the businesses realize what the Bronco's do for this city and support them with buying a season ticket. I believe Loyalty posted a while ago that they should blitz the businesses to sell more tickets and it looks like they will. Good call.

Scout

LOYALTY
09-21-2005, 09:46 AM
I am glad they are doing a business ticket drive on friday... :clap: I think they should not only go throughout the city directory but the surrounding communities as well, go to the small town businesses, banks and hutterite colonies, yes colonies...the businesses can buy tickets to support the broncos and drum up business for themselves by having some sort of draw for winning tickets for each game, the banks can do the same for their patrons to show appreciation for dealing locally and the colonies are great community supporters and I am sure they would love to take in a game or two as well....just a few ideas for some sales pitches....if we could get every business and home based business in swift and surrounding areas to buy a season ticket (or 2) we would have to expand after the expansion....just another thought, could the schools buy season tickets to raffle for fundraising, I know I would buy a ticket for a season ticket for a few bucks (the chocolates are getting tiresome) or even the cadets or brownie clubs, band projects would be a great idea too... :groovy: just my thoughts

Scout
09-21-2005, 11:44 AM
I know Bronco personal read our board and you have just posted some more great idea's. I think all our loyal posters have some great idea's and i think we should all post them on here for the Bronco's to read. 50 heads is better than two.

Scout

Oh-Vee
09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
I know Bronco personal read our board and you have just posted some more great idea's. I think all our loyal posters have some great idea's and i think we should all post them on here for the Bronco's to read. 50 heads is better than two.

Scout

Especially those two. ;)

bronco rep
09-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Loyalty you hit the nail on the head . Those are some great ideas . You should have put your name in for the pr job..AWSOME..COME ON BRONCO FANS LETS REACH THIS GOAL. GO BRONCOS GO ....

Broncs in RD
09-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey it's good to see ya typing again. **** I thought you cut your damn fingers off.

bronco rep
09-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Fingers are still all on broncs. I bet the broncos are 2-0 after this weekend .Dean has this team on the right ship.This team is going to surprize alot of people out there this yr.Take my word Bronco hockey is back.

Broncs in RD
09-21-2005, 10:49 PM
I agree they will surprise a lot of people this year.

Flathead
09-22-2005, 08:06 AM
I agree they will surprise a lot of people this year.
Agree also, we will surprise alot of teams this year.
As for the ticket blitz, I think they should go after alot of the oiflield companies, especially the new ones. They got lots of bucks!