PDA

View Full Version : Ice Bronco Trade.

Chipper
09-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Cranbrook, BC -- Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE, today announced the club has traded 20-year-old Defenseman Derek Price to the Swift Current Broncos in exchange for a fourth round pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft. With today's transaction the ICE are now down to the WHL limit of three 20-year-old players (Casey Lee, Dale Mahovsky, Adam Cracknell) for the 2005-2006 season.

"All transactions are difficult to make and when it involves a quality person like Derek it makes it that much tougher. We felt with as many new players we are bringing into this year's line-up we needed the experience, skill and size of the three 20-year-old forwards. This is an excellent opportunity for Derek to go to Swift Current and continue his WHL career while providing the Broncos with the same leadership qualities he bought to the ICE. We wish Derek all the best in Swift Current and thank him for his contributions on and off the ice to our Hockey Club over the past three years," added Chynoweth.

The ICE roster now consists of 23 players, including two goaltenders, eight defenseman and 13 forwards. Kootenay will open up its eighth regular season in Cranbrook with a pair of home games this weekend at the Rec Plex against the Tri-City Americans (Friday, September 23) and Spokane Chiefs (Saturday, September 24). Game time both nights will be 7:00 p.m. Tickets for both games are available at the Kootenay ICE office and Kootenay Collectibles in the Cranbrook Rec Plex.

Flathead
09-21-2005, 06:06 PM
We have our three 20's now! Welcome to Swift, Derek Price. I'm thinking Dean had a good idea this trade would happen before he traded away Schulz yesterday.

In the crowd
09-21-2005, 06:19 PM
I think you guys in swift will like Price, he is a stay at home defender who rarily makes mistakes. I think he is one of the more under rated d-men this league has.I was hoping he was gonna stay with the Ice, but this move will be good for Price and the Broncos.

Scout
09-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Holy crap. I hope they print alot of line-up forms. This team is no where near what it was last year. Dean,Dave and Eldon are moulding this team into a contender. He is inserting alot of rookies with seasoned vets. I'm loving it. The music is new, new office people with great idea's, season tickets on the rise, alumni getting back involved with the Bronco's, we have size again, awesome goaltending and an even stronger defence than last year. Here's a thought. Seen Cory and Brad are up for change, how about cheerleaders. Yah they can delivar your beer to your seat. lol. For the first time in a long time i'm exited again.

Scout

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
09-21-2005, 08:45 PM
This is great news. I'm feeling the exact same way as Scout right now. Dean is showing us that we will have what it takes to become contenders again. Seriously!

Now if he can get our boys to flex their goal scoring muscles, all will be well again in Broncoland.

Let us all cast off the Stone of Shame and attach the Stone of Triumph! :groovy:

Chipper
09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
I think you guys in swift will like Price, he is a stay at home defender who rarily makes mistakes. I think he is one of the more under rated d-men this league has.I was hoping he was gonna stay with the Ice, but this move will be good for Price and the Broncos.
I agree he is a tough one to give up. He won't stand out in the games but he quietly does his job and is good at what he does. Good luck Derick in Swift.

Broncs in RD
09-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I like the way Dean is moulding this team. It is tough to see Schulz gone cause I do believe he will have a great year in the Spoke a change will be great for him. On the other hand we get a guy who has the ability to put the puck in the net. Getting Price for a 4th round pick pretty good trade seeing as we got a 4th round pick from Everett earlier. I think that a stay at home D man will be a great addition to this team I see him being paired with Postma. I still see a forward or 2 being moved. I to am excited about this team an this up and coming season should be a dandy.

Bronco Fan#1
09-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't mind the trade, but I think we had a strong defence already with the likes of our new prospects, Postma and Benke not to mention our veteran defence. I think it is scoring that we need. We have guys that work hard every night but for some reason have a hard time putting the puck in the net. I wish we could of maybe grabbed a another veteran forward who could score or even fight. I think we need a little toughness since the guys who do the enforcing now, are a big loss when they are not on the ice for 5 min. I did find that our team did get pushed around last year a bit when Matty got traded. Although there might not have been much out there for 20 year olds. Hopefully the younger guys can step up and score some goals. JUST A THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Scout
09-22-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't think we are done trading yet. We still have to many D and forwards. Scorers are not easy to come by and i don't think Dean and Co. will make a trade just for the sake of trading. We have a real stron defence and to trade any one of them there better be a good forward in return.

Scout