PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Vancouver in November

Duct Tape
09-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey All,

So i am visiting Vancouver in November for the Grey Cup, and will be trying to catch one of the two Giants home games (Fri vs the Pats or Sat vs the Tigers) that weekend. My big question, what are the arena policies/staff like with regards to brining in cameras and taking pictures of the game.

I know in the OHL it is very hit or miss, some could care less, others will literally threaten to arrest you.

Any help would be appreciated. If anyone is interested in a cross country meetup, we can look at setting something up closer to the games. I'll make sure to pack an OHL Jersey to stand out in the crowd some!!!

Later

DT

Beaner
09-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Cameras arent a problem at the PNE, as far as I know. Haven't seen anyone have their camera taken away during a game. Just be disreet to be safe.

When it gets close lets see if we can meet up and have a beer.

langdak
09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Count me in for a beer as well, as long as time permits

As for the cameras, i saw quite a few of them last year as i sit in row 4 all year, people like to put them on the edge of the boards to take pics

I never saw one get taken away, just a few light warnings from ushers that they are not allowed.

As long as your discreet with them, it shouldnt be a problem at all

Video cameras....now thats a different story

amisk
09-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I even had our usher take a pic. of myself and a visitor..and I even showed ushers some fight vidios I took..lol, When I went to Kelowna, I was asked to put it away. :)

GF71
09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
You won't have any trouble with taking pictures. I have NEVER seen anybody get bothered for taking pics. Or videos for that matter! If you can only go to one game i suggest the Pats game. It will be the first time Slade faces his old team, Robinson will be back in Vancouver for the first time, and besides all of that, the game they had here last season was VERY rough. Although the Tigers are a MUCH better team, so go figure...go to both! :)

Duct Tape
09-24-2005, 05:43 PM
You won't have any trouble with taking pictures. I have NEVER seen anybody get bothered for taking pics. Or videos for that matter! If you can only go to one game i suggest the Pats game. It will be the first time Slade faces his old team, Robinson will be back in Vancouver for the first time, and besides all of that, the game they had here last season was VERY rough. Although the Tigers are a MUCH better team, so go figure...go to both! :)

As much as part of me would like to go with both, i'm not sure my friend i am staying with would go for that, she's a hockey fan, but not that big a hockey fan!!

I was kinda leaning towards the Medicine Hat game myself, but only because i love their jerseys. The big thing for me is to finally see a WHL team other than Kelowna Play (What are the Odds, i've been to two memorial cups, and seen Kelowna both times :confused: )

I'll post something sometime in november once i know what my plans are, but i am looking forward to meeting some of the WHL's fans when i am out there in november, and i am glad to hear that it sounds like photography will be cool.

Later

DT

Duct Tape
11-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, Its Grey Cup week, and it looks like not only am I dissapointed in the Argos Ability to execute on sunday, the Lions near legendary collapse came to what grew to be an evermore inevitable conclusion of misery.

That said, i am still coming to Vancouver Wednesday night after work, and everything looks positive for me to be at the Medicine Hat-Giants game Saturday night.

Just look for the guy in the Peterborough Petes Jersey with Ramsay 16 on it. I'm sure the odds are in favour of me being the only person there in a Petes Jersey.

If you guys have a regular intermission meeting spot, i'd love to meet up and talk some hockey.

Later

DT

rinkrat
11-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh well we get a classic Eskies vs Alouettes game,how many of those have there been?
Big parade on Saturday,expecting 100,000 people! Events going all week...
There is a table run by the Giants,with a silent auction every game.Good place to meet.Right by the front entrance!

langdak
11-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh well we get a classic Eskies vs Alouettes game,how many of those have there been?
Big parade on Saturday,expecting 100,000 people! Events going all week...
There is a table run by the Giants,with a silent auction every game.Good place to meet.Right by the front entrance!

good call, very central spot

i cruise by there in both intermissions on my way outside

Duct Tape
11-23-2005, 10:24 AM
good call, very central spot

i cruise by there in both intermissions on my way outside

Sounds like a plan to me, i will aim to be there in the First Intermission of Saturdays game.

Later

DT

Duct Tape
11-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Sorry i missed meeting anyone, I was hanging around for most of the 1st Intermission.

I enjoyed the game, but the Giants appeared to be sleepwalking through most of it. Ugly first goal set the tone of most of the game. The Giants look like a team that could do some damage if they were getting solid goaltending.

Pictures are posted at OHLPhotos.com

http://www.ohlphotos.com/Tempuploads/MedicineHat-Vancouver/Nov26-05.htm

Later

DT