PDA

View Full Version : Roman Wick

Nature Boy
09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
I didn't think that Roman Wick had a contract with the Ottawa Senators. I thought that I read in the paper that he would for sure be back this season. Also I thought that I read that he would be back before Thursday. I see that Mihalik has been released by the Tampa Bay Lightning. What is the deal with the Senators sending Wick to Binghamton in the AHL. I hope he comes back soon or we will loose a good scorer.
Can't wait until Friday :bounce:
:)

Tinner
09-22-2005, 07:32 AM
I guess Roman has a minor league clause that might require him to go though the system before heading back here.

Rebels Rock
09-22-2005, 05:10 PM
i sooooo hope Roman cums back :) ....will he atleast cum later on in the season??

Courtney08-
09-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Roman will be back he should of been back yesterday it said in the paper he would be returning on Wednesday.. and Ottawa wanted him to play one more year in the dub with sutter.. So he will be back or already is back..RELAX everyone our goal score will be playing a full season with us

Rebel66
09-22-2005, 06:43 PM
So he will be back or already is back..RELAX everyone our goal score will be playing a full season with us

After reading the paper regarding the new trade it seems like Wick isn't back and won't be until Saturday at the earliest. He was sent down to the AHL. It stated that new boy, Scott, will skate on the top line with Rome and Sutter.

Courtney08-
09-22-2005, 07:04 PM
After reading the paper regarding the new trade it seems like Wick isn't back and won't be until Saturday at the earliest. He was sent down to the AHL. It stated that new boy, Scott, will skate on the top line with Rome and Sutter.

yes i know i didnt say he wasnt back i said he was either back or coming back.. but for sure coming back
Good for thie Scott fellow.. it will be good to see him

WHL Rules
09-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Wick played in Binghamtons first pre-season game on Sunday in a 9:1 loss against Syracuse. I sure hope he will be back with the Rebels soon, but most posters on the Sens message boards think he will play with the Baby Sens.

frontrow fan
09-26-2005, 08:04 AM
oh Lord I hope he doesn't stick with the baby sens!!!!!!!!!!!! We really need him back here!! (not that that has anything to do with it) Sutter said he had "no indication" from the Senators that he wouldn't be back and hasn't heard any different since he was sent to Binghamton... so lets just keep our fingers crossed people... Red Deer needs him back!!!!!!!!!!! :groovy:

Courtney08-
09-26-2005, 03:27 PM
I spoke with wick today and he doesnt kno if he is coming back but he misses red deer a lot!! the decision has yet to be made

RDRebelsfan
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I spoke with wick today and he doesnt kno if he is coming back but he misses red deer a lot!! the decision has yet to be made

you speak to him via phone I assume?

Lord knows we'll need him back and for my 2 cents I don't agree with Scott on the top line, just my 2 cents

Courtney08-
09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
you speak to him via phone I assume?

Lord knows we'll need him back and for my 2 cents I don't agree with Scott on the top line, just my 2 cents

Ohh lil wick is my bud we talk! i talk to a lot of them actually
I agree with you on the whole Scott thing.. not first line material

RDRebelsfan
09-26-2005, 06:32 PM
i tihnk Walker or Knackstedt sohuld replace Scott on the current top line with Rome and Sutter

Courtney08-
09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
yeah agreed

RDRebelsfan
09-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I listened to that WHL radio thats on every monday ....Cam Moon said his return is doubtful and will leave a huge void in the red deer lineup

Tinner
09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
well if thats true, it creates/solves 2 issues. One, the 20 yr old situation is most likely been decided and two, there is a 75pt hole to fill at forward. could make a long season longer unless somebody is willing to trade.

Which brings up WHO can you trade for?

Rebel66
09-27-2005, 09:28 PM
If Wick doesn't return then it simply sets us deeper into rebuilding mode. That's ok with me. You have to do that sometimes to be good in the future. It would also open up a Euro spot. Wonder if there's anyone they can snag? I also wonder what Sutter's relationship with Ottawa would be in that case given that they supposedly assured him that Wick would be returned to Red Deer and they made important decisions based on that assurance. Sure this is a developmental league but it is also a business with customers (us) that he has to please.

Shinyshoes
09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
The Binghamton Senators still have 28 players on their roster (4 Goalies, 10 Defencemen, 5 Centers, 4 LW, 5 RW) So I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Perhaps this is the reason Moore hasnt been traded yet.

Rebels Rock
09-28-2005, 04:52 PM
:dead: OMG...i soooooooooooooo hope Roman cums back...he is like totally my favorite player!!

Nature Boy
09-29-2005, 02:49 PM
I read in the paper that Sutter was told that the senators would keep him in Binghamton for a couple more exhibition games. They told Sutter that it would be past the weekend and that he would not be available for the road trip. They told Sutter that Wick would more than likely be back soon.
Go Rebels GO :thumb:

Rebels Rock
09-29-2005, 05:00 PM
i was listening to the radio this morning..and boomer..said that they think roman will be back next week..at the earliest!!