PDA

View Full Version : Captains

D.A.
09-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Rome was named captain today. Walker, Hansen and Vandermeer get A's.

Things don't look good for Moore...
(but Walker can stay.)

Shinyshoes
09-22-2005, 12:54 PM
WOW....No Letter for Pieper huh?

Guess I cant really complain about the picks though. I guess his age was against him......

Congrats to Rome, Walker, Hanson and Teddy. Lets make this another memorable year.

Courtney08-
09-22-2005, 03:46 PM
the way piepers been playing he doesnt deserve one..
And i cant believe ROME got the C.. thats truly a disapointment

Tinner
09-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I think Rome was/is the most logical choice. As for the A's, it was up in the air. no disappointment with picks.

Rebels Rock
09-22-2005, 05:15 PM
well i wanted .... roman Wick to be the captain..with teddy and jared and Pieper with the A's!! thats just in my opinion though lol :) :wave: :clap: ;)

Courtney08-
09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
yes i agree with you wick for C.. or even Walker.. but ROME.. I hate that.. I wanted to get rid of him.. GEEZZZ he is the biggest baby every time he falls or gets hit he stays down like hes dying its annoying i hate it.. grrr bad choice

Rebel66
09-22-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm not disappointed in the least with these choices. However, to think it was debated here that Rome was on the bubble. Guess not!

I'm a little surprised that Pieper didn't recieve a letter but you can't really argue with Walker, Vandy, and Hansen.

edit: Re: Wick. As much as I like Wick as a player he doesn't strike me as captain material. Rome was the captain of Moose Jaw before being traded here so he has experience on his side and Sutter obviously values him as such.

playa
09-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I agree that I think Pieper was a good candidate for a letter. Since it's a pretty big rebuilding year I thought a younger C woulda been named to carry on the leadership past this year. Pieper's preseason hasn't been the greatest for him though, so that likely worked against him.

Also, I am not surprised that Wick wasn't given a letter, I haven't heard anything good about his leadership skills off the ice and he's not a man of many words.

Congrats to the guys that did get letters I think they all deserve them in their own right. I think Rome has shown improvement in attitude since he had his C taken away in MJ last year. I'm sure he'll lead the team well. Best of luck to him....

RDRebelsfan
09-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Rome as captain eh? I too am surprised.

Rebels Rock
09-22-2005, 08:59 PM
thank god roman is coming back lol..but anyway..not that i think the goalies this year should be but i was wondering if goalies could ever be a captain?or even assistant captains? :) :)

frontrow fan
09-22-2005, 09:09 PM
As we only see the product on the ice, I guess we don't have as much info to base our opinions on as the coaching staff does, I'm not surprised with the picks, I think Sutter is hoping that Teddy will be a "C" in the making..I'm NOT surprised Wick didn't get a letter, as someone said, he's not a man of many words, and the ones he does say, probably aren't that great of English anyways ;)
I'm happy with the choices, I hope Ashton can surprise us this year, and help the team out, the few times I have met him, he seems to have a pretty out going personality, and I think he'd be a good leader..

D.A.
09-23-2005, 09:35 AM
No - goalies aren't allowed to have a letter. Rules are rules!

I'm not surprised that Wick and Pieper don't have letters. Wick because he just doesn't seem like captain material (as others have said) and Pieper because it's hard to be an effective captain from the penalty box or when you're suspended (he drives me crazy with his dumb penalties).

Rome seems like a pretty good choice and maybe it will add some consistent heart to his game to have the C on his chest.

3rebels
09-23-2005, 11:38 AM
I too was not surprised that Wicker was not given a letter, but too say that his word in English would not be very good is - - - - - WRONG. From having chatted with him on a number of occasions, YES he speaka da verra verra good English, French and German. And is he coming back?? Haven't heard anywhere that the Baby Sens sent him back. :confused: :confused: :confused:
And I agree with the choices for what its worth. :groovy:

Triton
09-23-2005, 11:55 AM
As we only see the product on the ice, I guess we don't have as much info to base our opinions on as the coaching staff does, I'm not surprised with the picks, I think Sutter is hoping that Teddy will be a "C" in the making..I'm NOT surprised Wick didn't get a letter, as someone said, he's not a man of many words, and the ones he does say, probably aren't that great of English anyways ;)
I'm happy with the choices, I hope Ashton can surprise us this year, and help the team out, the few times I have met him, he seems to have a pretty out going personality, and I think he'd be a good leader..

I hope he can turn around on what happened in Moose Jaw.He quit on the team,but they were a sad bunch anyways so that could have brought down anyone I guess.Good luck Ashton..and don't worry..the Rebels won't go 0-14-1 to start the year like MJ did.

RDRebelsfan
09-23-2005, 04:14 PM
No - goalies aren't allowed to have a letter. Rules are rules!

I'm not surprised that Wick and Pieper don't have letters. Wick because he just doesn't seem like captain material (as others have said) and Pieper because it's hard to be an effective captain from the penalty box or when you're suspended (he drives me crazy with his dumb penalties).

Rome seems like a pretty good choice and maybe it will add some consistent heart to his game to have the C on his chest.

Al Montoya, goalie for Michigan had an A on his shirt.

Courtney08-
09-23-2005, 11:37 PM
yes i see why wick didnt recieve it.. he does speak english.. and very well to.. but he just choses not to talk to much.. and as for pieper well i dont think he deserved it this year, i guess everyones right no one else really fit the part/. i just still dont think rome did either..