PDA

View Full Version : Cody McMullin

Chipper
01-26-2005, 12:17 PM
I see he was sent to Vernon jr A DO you rebel fans think he has the talent to get back and make it in the DUB. I know that his dad is a scout with the Rebels don't know if that will help him or not He is a Cranbrook kid but I don't see him enough to get a good read off him

Red celtic
01-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Cody is a good kid but in my opion he was playing in a league that was a little to tough for him. Will he be back I don't think so. The Rebs have a lot of talent this year and next year they have to make room for some of the youngsteers they have ie Mat Cline, Devon Leblanc, Josh Gionfriddo, Luke Betts, Mario Lamoureux, Mike Iorie and the list goes on.

Tinner
01-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Cody was here to try and fill a void. If he could show he could play, he stays. Once the void was filled and he didn't play much, his time was up and I think that will be the last we see of him. There are to many players next year trying to fill, at best 5-6 spots.

Shinyshoes
01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
There are to many players next year trying to fill, at best 5-6 spots.
While I Agree that McMullin Will probly not be back, your estimation of 5-6 spots to fill is not quite correct.

looking strictly by age:
20's are:
Morris, Festa, Neiszner

19's are:
Johnson, Rome, Fraser, Henituik, Wick, Phaneuf, Kuukka, Moore

Just from that alone, at the end of the season you loose your 3 20's, and all but 3 of your 19's. That adds up to a Minimum of 8 Players we loose this season. Granted one of them is a goalie, but even so, that is best case scenario.......We could end up with even less than 3 of our 19's next year if the NHL gets their act together....but thats another topic.

Nature Boy
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I think that he will make the team next year. With all of the guys leaving next year he should fit in. That is if he can score some points and play good defence since you have to do that in Red Deer