PDA

View Full Version : Engman

Jimmypop316
09-22-2005, 10:22 PM
He got assigned to Manitoba's training camp when Vancouver cut him today.

I don't think we're going to be seeing him back, kind of surprising actually. But that does open up a 20 year old slot if hes going to stay at the AHL program.

Wonder what they are going to do if he does stay.

LifelongChiefsFan
09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I figured Engman was gone one way or another. I would like to see the Chiefs pull the trigger to land a veteran scoring forward. That would make a huge difference for the Chiefs' offense this year, imo.

They also might be counting on the younger kids to pick of some of the goals. I'm hoping the offense is more consistent this year than it was last year though.

Jimmypop316
09-23-2005, 09:54 PM
I figured Engman was gone one way or another. I would like to see the Chiefs pull the trigger to land a veteran scoring forward. That would make a huge difference for the Chiefs' offense this year, imo.

They also might be counting on the younger kids to pick of some of the goals. I'm hoping the offense is more consistent this year than it was last year though.

They have 19 returning players so thats key. I kept hearing about Engman not coming back, and when they made the deal this week for Shulz it kind of made things apparent because we seemed pretty set for d-men.

Its going to be interesting who they go for and what they are offering for that 20 year old spot. I still have no idea how they are going to go about for their d-spots. Theyve got a solid core: Zimmerman, Shulz, Lynch, McCue, Logan, and Mercer. Going to be interesting to see how Sutherland and Spurgeon add to it. I really didnt take a look at their D, but now its obvious that they don't expect Engman back.

I'm really excited to see what Grabner can do this year, that kid had some amazing moves last year my jaw dropped. I'm most looking forward to Stoesz though, if he can get a good touch on the puck he can score quite a bit of goals, I don't know how many times I saw him with chances with trash in front of the net that he couldnt' convert on. When he played on the Desautels-Lapointe-Stoesz line those last couple of games (that was the best line of last year, should have been there the whole time) he had so many oppurtunities it was ridiculus.

Sheesh that was crazy, I started typing and the mind kind of wandered. Regardless, I am super excited for hockey this year and love this time of year.

rezstyle
09-24-2005, 02:11 AM
I agree mostly with what you all are saying, but we need a tough man. I know Stoesz is going to be a fighter and S. Lynch will be there to pick up the slack along with McCue, but we need a legit heavyweight. I'm sure you are both as avid chief fans as I am, so I'm sure you remember a couple years ago when Desautels was hurt............our whole team hurt then. Other teams would come and and simply out muscle us for the win. Don't get me wrong, I love both Stoesz and Lynch to death, but we are lacking in the heavy weight department. Although Stoesz has as many fights under his belt as he does, he's not really feared around the league. He wins alot of fights, but does not have KO power IMO. I would really like to see us get another Desautels type player. I know Desautels didn't fight as much as we'd liked him to, but I think his reputation caused others not to fight him.........and thus respected him and the Chiefs while he was here.

we need to get tougher or it's going to be a long season. We've got scorers, but if no one is there to protect them that is feared around the league, we're in for another long season in the Can.

Jimmypop316
09-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Amazed to find he was sent down tonight.. well thats was the Spokesman Review said. Going to be interested if they are going to ship a d-man out.