PDA

View Full Version : Teegan Moore named Captain...

Triton
09-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Veteran center Teegan Moore has been chosen the new captain of the Western Hockey League’s defending Eastern Conference Champion Brandon Wheat Kings.

The 19-year old Thompson, Manitoba product becomes the 48th player in franchise history to wear the “C”. Chosen by the Wheat Kings in the fifth round (85th overall) of the 2001 WHL bantam draft, Moore succeeds Tim Konsorada who held the position for the past two seasons.

In 195 career WHL games, the former AAA NorMan North Star midget has sixteen goals, 45 points and has accumulated 256 minutes in penalties.

Wheat Kings’ coach and general manager Kelly McCrimmon also announced the appointment of defenceman Riley Day and center Derek LeBlanc as the club’s full time alternate captains. Day is entering his fourth WHL season and second as a member of the Wheat Kings while the 19-year old LeBlanc has played the past two years in Brandon.

Meanwhile left-winger Mark Derlago and right-winger Ryan Reaves will share the third “A” for the 2005-06 campaign. A former Manitoba AAA Midget League scoring champion, Derlago will wear the letter at home while Reaves, a fifth round draft choice of the National Hockey League’s St. Louis Blues, will wear it on the road.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
09-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Didn't see that comming

Triton
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I know hey.But maybe that will light a spark under Moore's butt,and he will be a great player this year.I wish him and the team well,and hope they aren't as bad as everyone thinks they will be.I'am thinking Brandon should go out and shock some people.I think they will shock many on how well they will play.Just you wait and see.

witness
09-23-2005, 01:44 PM
I always thought when he hit 18 - 19 he would be a force in this league. I like the way he plays. A complete change from last years Captain. Moore is not going to win any popularity contests with the opposition, but his team mates have respect for him. I think in order for this team to be successful, he needs to be a leader.

Knuckle Chucker
09-23-2005, 03:00 PM
That is a suprise move. I thought Moore was in McCrimmon's doghouse last year.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
09-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Well I hope teegan wearing the "C" he will pot 30-35 goals this year. He played well in the home opener likely the best game of his career. But we need more scoring punch to go anywhere this year!!

chels22
09-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Well I hope teegan wearing the "C" he will pot 30-35 goals this year. He played well in the home opener likely the best game of his career. But we need more scoring punch to go anywhere this year!!

He also played well in the Road opener! :D