PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna beats Vancouver in Shoot-out.

Beaner
09-23-2005, 10:49 PM
So the Giants lost tonights game against Kelowna in a shoot-out.

Final Score after Overtime was 2-2, Bartley with a pair in the first, Hill and Card. 38-21 shots for the Giants.

Yeomans saved, all 3 shots, Bartley, Kraus, Rutherford. Keller got the winner, Bodie missed for Kelowna.

Watched the game on the internet feed. It was not very good. In fact it was really hard to see most anything except the players uniforms. I'd like to offer more comments on the game - but I only got to watch the third period since the 1st 2 periods were extremely choppy. The 3rd I actually got to watch the entire game with no pauses.

langdak
09-23-2005, 10:52 PM
So the Giants lost tonights game against Kelowna in a shoot-out.

Final Score after Overtime was 2-2, Bartley with a pair in the first, Hill and Card. 38-21 shots for the Giants.

Yeomans saved, all 3 shots, Bartley, Kraus, Rutherford. Keller got the winner, Bodie missed for Kelowna.

Watched the game on the internet feed. It was not very good. In fact it was really hard to see most anything except the players uniforms. I'd like to offer more comments on the game - but I only got to watch the third period since the 1st 2 periods were extremely choppy. The 3rd I actually got to watch the entire game with no pauses.

Beaner, read my post in the general lounge, i kinda recapped my thoughts on the webcast.....i wasnt happy

Good game tonite, Giants came up unlucky more then a few times....Yeomans got better as the game went on.

I like the excitement of the shoot outs.

It is tough to see a loss in a shoutout, but those are the rules and i will just have to get used to them.

langdak
09-23-2005, 10:55 PM
3 Stars

1 - Derek Yeomans - Kelowna

2 - Mitch Bartley - Vancouver

3 - Chris Ray - Kelowna

Beaner
09-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Beaner, read my post in the general lounge, i kinda recapped my thoughts on the webcast.....i wasnt happy

Heh - I posted as well. Looks like we both had the same problems.

Good game tonite, Giants came up unlucky more then a few times....Yeomans got better as the game went on.

I like the excitement of the shoot outs.

It is tough to see a loss in a shoutout, but those are the rules and i will just have to get used to them.

The shoot-out was exciting, tough way to lose, but for the excitement factor I like it.

Yeomans did play very well.

Jovorock
09-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Maybe it is your monitor? Iwas talking to Colin Long's parents and they called back to California and people there said the video was pretty good? I can only offer that as a explaination? Maybe they are on high speed connection and your dial up?

As for the game the Giants really out shot the Rockets almost two to one and they owned the first period. The Rockets looked rusty and started to get going in the second and made for a not bad game.

There wasn't as many penaltys as I thought there would be, but there was still alot. Rehman called a pretty even game

Shoot out was pretty exciting if your a Rocket fan and is much better than a tie.

Beaner
09-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Maybe it is your monitor? Iwas talking to Colin Long's parents and they called back to California and people there said the video was pretty good? I can only offer that as a explaination? Maybe they are on high speed connection and your dial up?

I played with monitor the entire game, I dont think that's the problem. You could really tell the difference between the Kelowna game and PG game. I am going to check out a few of the archived games today and see whats up.

Forgot to add - I watched a bunch of the games when they were free for the OHL as well as the Everett games and the MJ games and never saw the ice that bright in any of them. I am 99% sure it is an operator or camera equipment problem.

Squig
09-24-2005, 11:21 AM
all teams had to spend some bucks to upgrade all the cameras for the webcast. i know the Rockets spent a fortune on the new system.

It will probably just take some time to tweek their systems to improve the quality of the picture.

But you are right, it probably is operator error. ;)

Go Rockets Go!!!

Crosby rules
09-25-2005, 09:39 AM
hey beaner, r these games on the net? if so, where do i go to catch them?

thanks in advance.

Mike

Beaner
09-25-2005, 11:14 AM
hey beaner, r these games on the net? if so, where do i go to catch them?

thanks in advance.

Mike

All the games this year are broadcast, for a fee.

http://livestream.whl.ca/

You might want to read some of the threads in general discussion about the quality. It seems to be improving, from the opening night snafu, but some feeds are a lot better than others, and some are just plain bad.

Kelownas feed last night was better last night for the portland game fyi.

HAF
09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm with Beaner on this deal on several points. The first is that it has to be error on the video end of the broadcasst. I have high speed Dsl and still seen the choppy feed beaner was talking about. Kelownas video was pretty decent but the audio was pretty fuzzy and scratchy. Kootenay and PG need to get brighter lighting over their rinks and that should help thier video quality. Regina was pretty descent but I dont recall any audio at all.
Kamloops is definately the feed to be watching. They really rocked!

kevanie97
09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I can assure you its not on the video end of the Rockets camera, I would have to think it is a problem with Insinc or what ever the company is that is providing this because our feed is directly from my camera and we have a monitor to watch what is being broadcast to the net as well as to our hard drive for the coaches and the opposing team and it was good.i have to imagine the company providing this needs to do some work to get it to you guys better, I think they just weren't prepared for such traffic to start as for the audio on our games that will get better, I had to link directly to our play by play guys headphone so that s why you heard communication between him and his station once in awhile LOL.

Glad to hear the Portland game was better Beaner and please everybody give it some time so they can work out the kinks because once they get this figured out it is a very good think for all of us WHL fans.

kevanie97
09-26-2005, 07:51 PM
all teams had to spend some bucks to upgrade all the cameras for the webcast. i know the Rockets spent a fortune on the new system.

It will probably just take some time to tweek their systems to improve the quality of the picture.

But you are right, it probably is operator error. ;)

Go Rockets Go!!!

Squig your Yeomans third jersey just went up 100 bucks for that comment :thumb: :D

Beaner
09-26-2005, 08:08 PM
I can assure you its not on the video end of the Rockets camera, I would have to think it is a problem with Insinc or what ever the company is that is providing this because our feed is directly from my camera and we have a monitor to watch what is being broadcast to the net as well as to our hard drive for the coaches and the opposing team and it was good.i have to imagine the company providing this needs to do some work to get it to you guys better, I think they just weren't prepared for such traffic to start as for the audio on our games that will get better, I had to link directly to our play by play guys headphone so that s why you heard communication between him and his station once in awhile LOL.

Glad to hear the Portland game was better Beaner and please everybody give it some time so they can work out the kinks because once they get this figured out it is a very good think for all of us WHL fans.

Thanks for the update.

I hope they do get it fixed and soon. There are a lot of angry people out there right now with this.

langdak
09-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the update.

I hope they do get it fixed and soon. There are a lot of angry people out there right now with this.

yup.......i am one of them

i have emailed them 4 times since friday, and absolutely nothing in response...i am not at all impressed

Jovorock
09-27-2005, 12:36 PM

i have emailed them 4 times since friday, and absolutely nothing in response...i am not at all impressed
This is great for the fans and the league, langdak keep on them to get the quality up.

langdak
09-27-2005, 01:12 PM
This is great for the fans and the league, langdak keep on them to get the quality up.

I got an email back from them about a half hour ago (after another email this morning that was even nastier then the first 4)

Here is what i got in response:

Mike,

On Friday evening we did have some distribution problems due to issues with
our network. This impacted the webcasts in some areas by causing, freezing,
stuttering, pausing, etc. It sounds like you may have been impacted by
this. We will arrange for a full refund of your credit card. Sorry for
taking so long to get back to you and the frustration you have felt with the
whole process. Friday night is not typical of the product we are offering.
I hope you'll try it again some time.

Sincerely,

Ron Cuthbert
Tech Support
INSINC

Sounds like they are rectifying the problem and it will be better in the future, i will give it another go for another Giants road game and see what kind product they have to offer at that time.

Beaner
09-27-2005, 01:55 PM

Maybe it's time to start cc'ing the WHL as well, with all these problems. That may start to increase their response time.

Not sure who the best person to cc is, but here is the link to the WHL contact page.

http://whl.ca/about/?id=113

Jovorock
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
info@whl.ca , you guys should keep the league involved if there is a problem. Hopefully this won't happen too often.

langdak
09-27-2005, 04:19 PM
i am gonna give it one more go and see what it is like

if its s*itty like it was last week then i may just go off the deep end....lol

if that is the case though, i am gonna cc whomever i can find in on that email and make every one aware of it, because the quality should be better then what it was

we will have to wait and see what the next game brings