PDA

View Full Version : Blades post a shutout in home opener, win 4-0!

Billy Blade
09-23-2005, 10:59 PM
A great night to be a Saskatoon Blades fan as they opened up a season full of promise and expectations with a solid 4-0 victory over the Swift Current Broncos.

The Blades unveiled their new sharp looking uniforms, complete with the modern twist of their classic pac-man logo in miniature form on the shoulders. The gold is all but gone from their uniform, relegated to the laces of their skates. With this change came another as the Blades saw their beloved mascot Helmutt "retire" this past off-season. He has decided to persue his lifelong dream of running in the Iditarod race and has began his trek to Alaska to train. :D He has been replaced by a yeti named Poke Check, wearing number -42. Looks a little out of place in Saskatoon, I'm thinking he's a little bit too far east of Cranbrook... but we'll see how that goes!

Back to the game, where the Blades outshot the Broncos by a 38-23 margin. Khudobin was not tested too often, but was very sharp when he had to be coming up with a few great saves. Justin McCrae opened thing up followed by Brandon Tidball potting his first as a Blade. Evan Haw popped the third goal in shortly after Tidball's. Aaron Bader rounded out the scoring in the third period on the powerplay, converting one of the ten chances the Blades had on the night. The Broncos were 0 for 8 on their powerplay, both teams having a chance with two men up.

I need to cut this short now as I still have three hours of TV to watch on tape from last night. :D The Blades are on to Moose Jaw tomorrow night to take on the Warriors. It will be interesting to see who gets the start in net. My guess will be Monette, in a potential showcasing for a hopeful trade.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-24-2005, 07:58 PM
The cannon which they launced t-shirts and other things out of. It is an inprovement.

Billy Blade
09-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Except when you are sitting behind the god forsaken netting. :skeptical

Lefty
09-25-2005, 02:38 AM
I noticed Funk went down early in the game and didn't return. He took sort of an awkward tumble head first into the boards.

Does anyone know whats up with him? He didn't play tonight, so was he a healthy scratch or is he injured?

Also, what was up with the Blades defense. I thought I heard it mentioned in the third period that Bader ended up playing a bit on the back end for whatever reason?

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-25-2005, 11:06 AM
I noticed Funk went down early in the game and didn't return. He took sort of an awkward tumble head first into the boards.

Does anyone know whats up with him? He didn't play tonight, so was he a healthy scratch or is he injured?

last night when I was listening to the game, Les Lazeruk said that he suffered a concussion and split chin which took a few stitches to close it up. Les Lazaruk said that he could only be out for one week and only miss one game, that obviously depends on how serious the concussion is.