PDA

View Full Version : First game done....

RDRebelsfan
09-23-2005, 11:33 PM
So what did everyone tihnk? I was getting frustrated with them in the 3rd..they couldn't get tot he net and get a shot off if their lives depended on it. Maybe I'm over exageratting, but that's how I saw it.

22-15 final shots on goal. You know weren't the new rules suppose to create more chances? Seriously.

The Rebels were far too passive tonight and need to get things into gear here. Let's hope down in cow town they can start gelling.

Courtney08-
09-23-2005, 11:35 PM
well you also gotta think like most of them are new and young, so its hard to get in the swing of things you know they all have a lot of talent on there own but they just dont know how to put it together yet. It will come no worries :wave:

RDRebelsfan
09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
well you also gotta think like most of them are new and young, so its hard to get in the swing of things you know they all have a lot of talent on there own but they just dont know how to put it together yet. It will come no worries :wave:

The vets didn't do a whole lot either....the game overall for enjoyment was O.K. could've been better.

Tinner
09-24-2005, 06:59 AM
didn't get to the game, but listened. Sounded to me, as stated above, that they were too passive and tight. I would have thought that 1st game, big home crowd, that they would and should have came out flying and hitting. Their age has nothing to do with it. They have fought hard to make the team and should continue. I also feel that the system Brent installs for defensive coverage limits all offensive creativity. If we can score, nobody minds an 8-7 game, but lets the reins loosen.

D.A.
09-24-2005, 07:57 AM
I guess passive is the right word. I was expecting a lot more intensity, more hitting, etc. Calgary's defence is going to make it tough on us this year, though.

Some random thoughts:
-I thought Herman was brilliant last night. With all the new rules and the crackdown on old rules, I was expecting 20 power plays tonight. Instead, I thought he did just a great job.
-I liked the look of the new guy Scott - good skater.
-Mihalk, whom I heard people calling "MiHULK", didn't impress me as much as I was hoping for.

There's a long ways to go, but I think we can do it.

Rebel66
09-24-2005, 08:24 AM
I thought Herman was brilliant last night. With all the new rules and the crackdown on old rules, I was expecting 20 power plays tonight. Instead, I thought he did just a great job.

I've got to agree with this. I couldn't believe the lack of powerplays, given the hype over the new rules. He did an outstanding job last night.

Other thoughts:

-I also liked the look of Scott. He should prove to be a good addition.
-Considering this was against our No.1 rival I was surprised at the lack of intensity shown by both teams.
-Calgary's defence and goaltending is going to give lots of teams problems this season. That alone will go a long way to their success.
-Nice goal by Leblanc. Cracking shot.
-The team will get better. It's one game and there is a lot of talent with the young guys. Of course there's going to be growing pains but It's going to be fun watching them develop regardless.

frontrow fan
09-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Sutter was asked last nite about the lack of intensity and he sounded alittle ticked off with the question... he said something like...most of these kids are young and have never played in front of that many people...etc... I wasn't over happy with the crowd either...no one was cheering... Hitmen fans (about 30-40) were louder than the other 6000 people there!! I know the guys didn't play all that well, but Red Deer fans have to get into the cheering when they "don't" play well, as much as cheering when they do play well, and score... I think we're bad for that in Red Deer, we have become far to comfortable with a "winning" Rebels team, and don't get behind them when they need a bit of cheering to get the guys back in the game! :bounce: :clap: :groovy:

RDRebelsfan
09-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Sutter was asked last nite about the lack of intensity and he sounded alittle ticked off with the question... he said something like...most of these kids are young and have never played in front of that many people...etc... I wasn't over happy with the crowd either...no one was cheering... Hitmen fans (about 30-40) were louder than the other 6000 people there!! I know the guys didn't play all that well, but Red Deer fans have to get into the cheering when they "don't" play well, as much as cheering when they do play well, and score... I think we're bad for that in Red Deer, we have become far to comfortable with a "winning" Rebels team, and don't get behind them when they need a bit of cheering to get the guys back in the game! :bounce: :clap: :groovy:

agreed, however anytime you start to cheer, someone turns aorund and gives you a funny look like if you shouldn't yell or anything.

Tinner
09-24-2005, 10:07 PM
its not only that, its also the fact that the Westerner staff and their policies limit anybody from have fun. God forbid if you bring a cow bell or horn or something like that. It almost seems that they encourage you to sit on your hands and keep quiet.

tiny
09-24-2005, 10:23 PM
"Calgary's defence is going to make it tough on us this year, though."

I agree but we have to use more speed against them.

"I thought Herman was brilliant last night. "

right on... he was VERY GOOD

"I liked the look of the new guy Scott - good skater." and a terrific wrist shot.

-Mihalk, whom I heard people calling "MiHULK", didn't impress me as much as I was hoping for."

Have to disagree here. I think he was fine but needs more time with the team before we should get too tough on him.

I have to add that Walker is beginning to really catch my attention as a leader. (wasn't one of my picks for a letter.)

RDRebelsfan
09-24-2005, 11:23 PM
its not only that, its also the fact that the Westerner staff and their policies limit anybody from have fun. God forbid if you bring a cow bell or horn or something like that. It almost seems that they encourage you to sit on your hands and keep quiet.

pretty much. But all thos ekids have those blow horns and they sell cow bells in the store..if we werent allowed to use them why sell them?

Also to nitpick on the music..most of the music Al played las tnight imo was sleeper music, they also need to turn it up a bit.