PDA

View Full Version : Ice win season opener 7-1 over the Ams. Woo Hoo

fightstrap50
09-24-2005, 10:10 AM
A big congrats to the Ice on an excellent season opener! ya know for a team ranked 17th over all, there must be 16 insanely talented teams out there. 7 goals six different goal scorers and a young D core that looks good already. I dont know who thinks thses rankings up but we love playing as the under dogs as we have proved in the past so let us stay in that spot as there is no pressure on us, only the desire to prove them all wrong AGAIN! Way to go Ben Maxwell a 4 point night for the young sniper. This guy is going to explode this year as well as the rest of our offence this year seems explosive too. This is going to be a good year i can see it already, these guys seem to be gelloing very quickly and very well. Go hard tonight Ice and put another W in the win column! WOO HOO HOCKEY IS BACK!

GO ICE GO!!!

Stay-Puft
09-24-2005, 12:05 PM
I listened to the game back here in TCA on the radio. Could ICE fans give me some feedback on how the team looked, any bright spots? From what the game sounded like on the radio, the Ams decided not to show up. Nachbauer's quote in the paper "dear in the headlights, on the tracks, waiting for the train" is exactly what it sounded like. Stephenson was quoted as "we looked like a midget team, not a WHL team." Was the goaltending really that bad in the 1st, or did they just not get any help? Thanks

HAF
09-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm curious what you guys have to say too. I didnt get to listen to the game as I was stuck at the in-laws house pretending the pot roast wasnt burnt...lol...
Any details you could give would be greatly appreciated. When I looked at the box score last night I honestly thought it was a misprint. We need Carey back quick and get rid of Olynyk before we're too far in the hole.

Chipper
09-24-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm afraid to tell you the truth HAF. You sure need to get Price back in net. He will need to play 95% of your games. I think your team was very unprepared for a game last night and for the most part stood around and watched the Ice skate around them. They really made the ICE look good. I am worried how that will play out in tonites game with the Chiefs. I hope our boys realize also that this will not happen often. The Americans are a big team but not very mobile, they will need to learn how to slow down smaller and faster players. I hope for your sakes that they learn fast.

HAF
09-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the post Chip,
Now you guys need to beat them Chiefs tonight to help us keep in this thing!!!

Chipper
09-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the post Chip,
Now you guys need to beat them Chiefs tonight to help us keep in this thing!!!
I would love to beeat them even more. but..... we will see.

Stay-Puft
09-24-2005, 04:35 PM
I think your team was very unprepared for a game last night

I know it was only the season opener, but I would think that goes to coaching and veteran leadership. We are not that young (10 or 11 19s) and should put forth a better effort. I'm sure it was a very, very long bus ride home. Hopefully it isn't a "rebuilding" year with that many 19-year olds. Might as well call up the 16s.

I sure hope we do have Price playing 95% of the games or it could be a long year. Near the end of last year, he was getting tired as he played about that many games.

Thanks for the feedback. Good luck tonight, and hammer them Chiefs. HFA -good call in pretending the pot roast wasn't burnt.