PDA

View Full Version : CougarsvsT-birds part 1

Sput
09-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Well...this is the new WHL reffing huh? 11 powerplays in the first period alone, and the game ended up PG2-15 and Seattle 1-8. Seattle had two long 2 man advantages and PG had one shorter one. Most were in fact penalties, but this many calls completely ruined any flow the game could have had. The chessest penalty Matsuoka called.....actually it was Kosh the linesman that talked him into it, was a spearing penalty on Zimmer, AFTER Seattle had scored. Zim and a Seattle player (can't remember who it was) battled for the puck, it popped down the ice and as they both turned, both sticks at waist hight, they colided. The Seattle guy dropped after accidentally getting Zim's stick in the guts. Cougars had touched the puck before Seattle scored, but it was only after the goal did the call get made.

On to a wrap-up. When the teams were able to play 5 on 5 is was a good game, and I feel PG had cobtrol of the flow and the pace. Seattle was out worked 5 on 5, and made good use of their opportunities on specialty teams. For the fisrt time in far to long the Cougs did not look winded and tired going into the third. This is an already well conditioned team that could run the legs off he opposition in early season games. I liked what I saw by both teams. I'm not sure what started all the ruckus right at the end at the Seattle net. but it could set the tone for tonights matchup.