PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Cranbrook, home of the Kootenay Ice

fightstrap50
09-24-2005, 12:15 PM
pics from around the Cranbrook Rec-Plex. GO ICE GO!!!

Chamber of Comerce link.http://www.tfas.bc.ca/britishcolumbia/cityguide/region1-bc-rockies-kootenays/cranbrook/cranbrook-index-eng.htm

Directions to the Rec Plex http://www.cranbrookrecplex.com/location.htm

Hotels and Motels in Cranbrook http://www.cranbrookhotels.worldweb.com/

Chipper
09-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Nice job on posting the pictures fightstrap.

Ice fans please add to this string and help us inform other fans and guests to our city, Together We can make other fans enjoy their experiance in Cranbrook.

fightstrap50
09-24-2005, 02:32 PM
exterior view

fightstrap50
09-24-2005, 02:33 PM
interior view with banners

fightstrap50
09-24-2005, 02:34 PM
interior Ice surface and seating

fightstrap50
09-24-2005, 02:36 PM
The inner concourse and the Ice store in the plex, Kootenay collectables

Spungy
09-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Great pictures!!

Rammer
01-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I recall some tailgating going on last season in the playoffs, is that an every game gig now? :skeptical

Homer J
08-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Good Job! Fightstrap on posting the pics of the plex etc, gives people that have'nt been here before a look at our falcilty, hotels before they come to our fair city. :thumb:

CHtoo
08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Man that's a far cry from the old barn. Hopefully get there one of these days.

SimonTemplar
09-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Wow did I miss much or what.

When did they move The Ice into the Alberta division I know Chilliwak was coming online this year but why move them all the way over the rockies.

And don't they now have 6 teams in one eastern division.

Why not just leave Kootney in the BC division it makes the interior games much better with Kelowna. Kamloops, PG. It must be as far to Van City as Calgary from Kootney it is pretty far east from the coast.

And whats up with 21 teams now? Are they going to add more.

Simon in London

In the crowd
09-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Wow did I miss much or what.

When did they move The Ice into the Alberta division I know Chilliwak was coming online this year but why move them all the way over the rockies.

And don't they now have 6 teams in one eastern division.

Why not just leave Kootney in the BC division it makes the interior games much better with Kelowna. Kamloops, PG. It must be as far to Van City as Calgary from Kootney it is pretty far east from the coast.

And whats up with 21 teams now? Are they going to add more.

Simon in London

Cranbrook (home of the Kootenay Ice) is alot closer to Calgary. Calgary is about a 4 hour road trip where as Vancouver is about 10-11 hours. Accually, every team in the central, with the exception of Red deer, is closer than every team in the B.C. division. So travel wise, the move is good for the Ice

Rammer
01-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Cranbrook (home of the Kootenay Ice) is alot closer to Calgary. Calgary is about a 4 hour road trip where as Vancouver is about 10-11 hours. Accually, every team in the central, with the exception of Red deer, is closer than every team in the B.C. division. So travel wise, the move is good for the Ice

Yet isn't the Ice's schedule somewhat skewed to more BC games, than Eastern Division games? IIRC, that was the case prior to the move into the BC Division, and may have been carried over with their return (yes I am too lazy to look that up :laugh: )

Rammer
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Man that's a far cry from the old barn. Hopefully get there one of these days.

IR watching many Cranbrook Royal matches in the past in the Memorial Arena, it seemed so big growing up there. However upon my return to watch the Ice play after many years of absence, it was almost a claustrophobic feeling. I thought the Sportsplex should have 5K seating, but seeing the support that the Ice are getting, even in the playoffs now, that number isn't necessary, sadly enough.

Rammer
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Congratulations to Lethbridge, I didn't think that it would work out this way given that the Ice had little difficulty with the Canes during the season.

Another great season for our Ice though, you have to appreciate the efforts of all the team players, and the Coaching that allows us to post a solid on ice team year after year. Way to go Ice, we are proud that your represent Cranbrook!

llmitch
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
How many actual seats are there. Looks like a very nice facility;

Chipper
02-01-2009, 06:28 PM
The Rec Plex seats 4665
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranbrook_Recreational_Complex

sbtatter
03-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Is Calgary the closest airport, or Kelowna?

Spungy
03-16-2009, 05:31 PM
the Canadian Rockies International airport is closest. ten minutes from town.

we get connecting flights from Calgary daily

In the crowd
03-16-2009, 06:14 PM
If you are wondering between Kelowna and Calgary, than Calgary by a couple hours. Calgary is about a 4 hour drive and Kelowna about 5 1/2 - 6 hours driving time.

sbtatter
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys!!!

Allin44
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys!!!
Thinking of making the trip?

Trevor
03-18-2009, 08:58 PM
This's a neat idea you guys in Cranbrook have, showcasing your barn and city like this. Looks like a nice arena too. I lived in Fernie one winter, and through a couple trips over to Cranbrook I'm vaguely familiar with the city. From what I recall it's a nice town.

dagley
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Very nice facility.