PDA

View Full Version : Blazers come from behind

scamperdog
09-24-2005, 11:02 PM
(blazershockey.com)

Kris Versteeg's hat-trick performance in his Blazer debut led the way as the Blazers rallied from a 3-0 first-period deficit and beat the Everett Silvertips 6-4 on Saturday night at Interior Savings Centre.

Shaun Heshka, John Lammers, and Brady Calla staked the 'Tips to a 3-0 lead just 13 minutes in on three Everett powerplays...but Versteeg scored his first goal of the night on a powerplay to cut the lead to 3-1 after one.

In the second, the Blazers erupted for three goals in 1:36, with Versteeg, Terrance Delaronde, and Marc Connors, again on a powerplay finding the back of the net to put the homeside ahead 4-3 after two.

Early in the third, Brock Nixon put the Blazers ahead 6-4 before Zach Hamill brought the 'Tips back to within one with 2:19 to play and Leland Irving on the bench...but Versteeg found an empty net with 1:12 to play to put the game away.

The Blazers were 2-for-6 on the PP while Everett was 3-for-3.

Final shots were 30-12 Blazers, including 16-1 Kamloops in the second period.

Michael Maniago picked up the win while Irving suffered the loss.

KBF
09-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Versteeg looked very good tonite, potting a hat trick in his first game as a Blazer.

Its amazing how much different this years home opener compared to last years is sooo much improved.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come as the potential is all there.

Jovorock
09-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Wow shots 30-12 and 16-1 in the second, sounds like the Blazers played good defensively on not giving up to many shots on net.

scamperdog
09-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Wow shots 30-12 and 16-1 in the second, sounds like the Blazers played good defensively on not giving up to many shots on net.
second and third periods blazers played very well, forwards were coming back helping the defence and they never quit working right to the end, in the first period it was looking like it was going to be a long season as the tips were all over us plus Maniago was struggling in net, bigger test come with the hawks tonight.

Tipped Off
09-30-2005, 11:44 AM
I know this is a few days late, but I just looke d at the box score and realized Kress got a major-fighting. Was it a real fight or was it just a little tussle?

Tipped Off
09-30-2005, 11:45 AM
The reason I ask, mainly, is because Kress is fighting with Annesley for that last (3rd) O/A spot on this team. With the Tips being a little "soft" this year, it would be interesting to see if Kress has decided being a bit more of a scrapper would play into his hands.

Kamfan
09-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I know this is a few days late, but I just looke d at the box score and realized Kress got a major-fighting. Was it a real fight or was it just a little tussle?

It was definitely a real fight. Planned before the face-off, as soon as the puck dropped they squared off. I gave Chapman the win in this one, but it was relatively back and forth.